71.43%
Uhhhh... Mayonnaise?? (4)
28.57%
AvocadoSquad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
If you’re wondering about me, I actually do play an instrument! I play the violin, it’s a classic. I swear everybody knows it from the movies. Omg if you play violin you know how infuriating it is when the person playing violin in the movie is completely doing every single thing wrong lol
Last edited by AvocadoSquad; 4 months ago
theJoyfulGeek
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by AvocadoSquad)
If you’re wondering about me, I actually do play an instrument! I play the violin, it’s a classic. I swear everybody knows it from the movies. Omg if you play violin you know how infuriating it is when the person playing violin is completely doing every single thing wrong lol
I also play the violin!! I actually find people playing the violin wrong quite entertaining, in a way? I play piano too- which is probably the most generic combination ever!
AvocadoSquad
Rep:
?
(Original post by theJoyfulGeek)
I also play the violin!! I actually find people playing the violin wrong quite entertaining, in a way? I play piano too- which is probably the most generic combination ever!
Nice! And yeah, it actually is pretty entertaining ngl lol. How’s it like playing the piano?
Halfeti Rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Piano (used to )
AvocadoSquad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Halfeti Rose)
Piano (used to )
Sounds fun!! How was that like?
Halfeti Rose
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Sounds fun!! How was that like?
Good? TBH I slept half of the class :lol:
Max1989
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Play viola, used to play violin until I had a growth spurt but luckily the only real differences is the size and understandimg the notes, the technique is relatively the same expecially if you have big hands.
theJoyfulGeek
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Nice! And yeah, it actually is pretty entertaining ngl lol. How’s it like playing the piano?
It's better than the violin in some ways, as you can play it alone and it still sounds great! You just press the keys, so it's so much easier in a way, and it's nice not getting more calluses and hard fingertips.

However, orchestras seldom need pianists - unlike violinists, who are essential! (albeit usually unwanted, or ignored in favour of rarer instruments).
AvocadoSquad
Rep:
?
Good? TBH I slept half of the class :lol
Sameeee, I slept in a different class though lol (Math)
Halfeti Rose
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Sameeee, I slept in a different class though lol (Math)
Wow u did? If I slept in that class then when I open my eyes my parents and my principal will be standing at the front of me! So No thanks lol...
AvocadoSquad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Max1989)
Play viola, used to play violin until I had a growth spurt but luckily the only real differences is the size and understandimg the notes, the technique is relatively the same expecially if you have big hands.
Cool! It must be pretty different though, it’s like playing a mini cello lol
The-judge-16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I play the piano!
AvocadoSquad
Rep:
?
Wow u did? If I slept in that class then when I open my eyes my parents and my principal will be standing at the front of me! So No thanks lol...
That’s just- Wow lol
Max1989
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Cool! It must be pretty different though, it’s like playing a mini cello lol
Indeed it sounds so rich though and you can feel the vibrations of the C string when it's played as its so low. No offence to violinists but their instrument sounds like a screechy teenager, violas are more like suave gentlemen. Only issue is we are by far one do the most neglected instruments, there's only a fraction of music made for viola and most is just transposed off violins.
AvocadoSquad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Max1989)
Indeed it sounds so rich though and you can feel the vibrations of the C string when it's played as its so low. No offence to violinists but their instrument sounds like a screechy teenager, violas are more like suave gentlemen. Only issue is we are by far one do the most neglected instruments, there's only a fraction of music made for viola and most is just transposed off violins.
Agreed, violas need A LOT more praise than what they get. C Major (third octave) has to be sooo much easier though! It’s like my violin is screeching the whole time lol
AvocadoSquad
Rep:
?
(Original post by theJoyfulGeek)
It's better than the violin in some ways, as you can play it alone and it still sounds great! You just press the keys, so it's so much easier in a way, and it's nice not getting more calluses and hard fingertips.

However, orchestras seldom need pianists - unlike violinists, who are essential! (albeit usually unwanted, or ignored in favour of rarer instruments).
Yeah. It’s gotta be pretty stressful for the pianists that do play in an orchestra. Everybody pretty much depends on the pianist to play it right in order to keep a balance throughout the orchestra lol
username5308830
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i used to play the clarinet...
AvocadoSquad
Rep:
?
(Original post by ella’s words)
i used to play the clarinet...
Sounds like fun! How was it like??
Espançais
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I play double bass, recorder, piano
Last edited by Espançais; 4 months ago
AvocadoSquad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Espançais)
I play double bass, recorder, piano
Wow, that’s a lot! How’s it like playing multiple instruments??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads