Civil Service Fast Stream 19/20: Placed on the Reserve List

Watch
zaynaraja
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Shani148)
GESR just got told in an email that our reserve list is for 1 year and then it will expire if no roles are found for us.
ah yes, I think we knew that, did they say anything else new? (congrats on getting a reply though!)
andiamoooo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
GESR just got told in an email that our reserve list is for 1 year and then it will expire if no roles are found for us.
Thanks for your update. So I guess this means no place on next year's scheme if they can't find us a job
BenRyan99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zaynaraja)
ah yes, I think we knew that, did they say anything else new? (congrats on getting a reply though!)
Not sure if it's particularly relevant but myself and others took the EAC in the last two weeks of July and have since passed and been offered roles. I did my EAC on July 31st and received the good news yesterday.
nor-sloth
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BenRyan99)
Not sure if it's particularly relevant but myself and others took the EAC in the last two weeks of July and have since passed and been offered roles. I did my EAC on July 31st and received the good news yesterday.
Congrats ! Is this on the GES fast stream? I passed my EAC in April and was waiting to be allocated departments and then got put on the reserve list. If you don’t mind me asking, which department have you been allocated?
BenRyan99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nor-sloth)
Congrats ! Is this on the GES fast stream? I passed my EAC in April and was waiting to be allocated departments and then got put on the reserve list. If you don’t mind me asking, which department have you been allocated?
Cheers! Yeah the GES fast-stream. I'll be at the Treasury.
zaynaraja
Rep:
?
(Original post by BenRyan99)
Cheers! Yeah the GES fast-stream. I'll be at the Treasury.
HUGE congrats and good to know that there are people still actively working on the GES!

Not going to lie extremely frustrating to hear that those of us passing in April are still on the reserve list but probably speaks to how well you've done throughout the process as they are allocating on merit etc
as2078
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wasn’t even aware the treasury was available as a department for the GES as it wasn’t listed in that department specification page. But if it was I would have 100% chosen that.I think it’s grossly unfair that they’re giving out new roles while some of us have been given the green light in April. Is it on a merit basis? If so, how are they working that out (I.e. just with EAC scores or FSAC as well..?) ? And why is there no transparency to any of this and how the hell can they just not respond to any of our emails??
nor-sloth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by as2078)
I wasn’t even aware the treasury was available as a department for the GES as it wasn’t listed in that department specification page. But if it was I would have 100% chosen that.I think it’s grossly unfair that they’re giving out new roles while some of us have been given the green light in April. Is it on a merit basis? If so, how are they working that out (I.e. just with EAC scores or FSAC as well..?) ? And why is there no transparency to any of this and how the hell can they just not respond to any of our emails??
HMT was on the list that we got emailed with available location, not every department was listed on the department specification page. I'm in the same boat as you, if based on merit then would love some transparency as you say. I'm beginning to wonder if lots of recruitment admins are on furlough/have time off due to childcare responsibilities. Hopefully they will be more responsive next month.
as2078
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just curious, has anyone started the complaints process yet?
RosserVital
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by as2078)
Just curious, has anyone started the complaints process yet?
Not being facetious but what's the point? It won't go anywhere, all we can really do is wait.
jackbarrett24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, was this for fast stream or mainstream? Last week I spoke on the phone to the fast stream team who told me the waitlist was indefinite. I realise its not centrally managed, however, and would be no surprise if GES and fast stream recruitment are on completely different pages!
Shani148
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jackbarrett24)
Hey, was this for fast stream or mainstream? Last week I spoke on the phone to the fast stream team who told me the waitlist was indefinite. I realise its not centrally managed, however, and would be no surprise if GES and fast stream recruitment are on completely different pages!
Fast stream! Ive been told the same as you by different people too. But also received an email saying it is for 1 year - so i am very confused!
zaynaraja
Rep:
?
did everyone just get an email from GES?
Slaaaamin
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did!
nor-sloth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nope. What does the email say if you don't mind me asking?
Slaaaamin
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nor-sloth)
Nope. What does the email say if you don't mind me asking?
I'm not sure if everyone will get the same one, as it was a response to the email I sent them asking A LOT of questions about this whole reserve list thing.

The gist of it was that I would hear back by the end of August whether there is a role for me, and if nothing comes up, my start date will be deferred to September 2021.
zaynaraja
Rep:
?
Didn't mean to be cryptic! For the record, I didn't email them after we were placed on the reserve list so wasn't a reply or anything but the subject line does say PERSONAL: GES Fast Stream.

The gist of it was that they will let me know if I am being paced this year by the end of August but if they are unable to, my offer stands and I will be placed as a matter of priority in September 2021.

I wonder if they will be rolling out the email to everyone?

EDIT: it may sound bad if some people didn't get this email, but could be good if its that they think they will be able to place you by August so sending a holder to the rest of us?????? i lit have no idea though
Last edited by zaynaraja; 1 month ago
andiamoooo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for the update it's very much appreciated! Unfortunately haven't received anything, once again a guessing game as to what that could infer 😂
hcwsf123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Interesting development. I haven't received an email either but it's good to know that finally something is happening! Hopefully we'll get an email soon too.
lowayyz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Didn't mean to be cryptic! For the record, I didn't email them after we were placed on the reserve list so wasn't a reply or anything but the subject line does say PERSONAL: GES Fast Stream.

The gist of it was that they will let me know if I am being paced this year by the end of August but if they are unable to, my offer stands and I will be placed as a matter of priority in September 2021.

I wonder if they will be rolling out the email to everyone?

EDIT: it may sound bad if some people didn't get this email, but could be good if its that they think they will be able to place you by August so sending a holder to the rest of us?????? i lit have no idea though
I am on GSR and got a similar email last week saying they'll email me again towards the end of August if there is a role available. However, they said if no role is available we will be on the reserve list for up to a year, nothing about the position being deferred or being made a priority come next September.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads