Civil Service Fast Stream 19/20: Placed on the Reserve List

Watch
Slaaaamin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zaynaraja)
For those who got the email saying they will be placed next September, is anyone worried that this may fall through again? Don't know how to ensure something like this doesn't happen again
I am worried about it, as I feel I can't trust them to stick to their word after the mess they've made of recruitment this year. I'm not sure what to do either, other than maybe applying to other graduate jobs just in case (although the prospect of doing it all over again is a bit daunting).
andiamoooo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Has anyone heard anything from GESR since their email about the 2021 start? My email said they'd provide me with another update by the end of August to confirm if they've found me a role or if I'll start in Sept 2021, but heard nothing.
zaynaraja
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Just got an email yesterday basically confirming that I am still on the reserve list and if I am not placed within a year, I will be allocated next September
andiamoooo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i am on fast stream GES, was put on reserve list and just got an email this morning with a department allocation so it looks like things are getting back on track and people should get offers soon was a nice surprise as thought id be starting september 2021 but seems like it could be soon!
Devena Chouhan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone have a responsive contact number they could pass on to me? I have emailed them numerous times but have yet to hear anything? Also congratulations to those who just received an offer, fingers crossed we shall all be contacted in the near future!
kingkong13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Devena Chouhan)
Does anyone have a responsive contact number they could pass on to me? I have emailed them numerous times but have yet to hear anything? Also congratulations to those who just received an offer, fingers crossed we shall all be contacted in the near future!
^^ seconded. It's so frustrating not being able to contact anyone.

I'm trying to plan accommodation, alternative employment etc. in case I start in 2021, but there's still the possibility of a 2020 start!
Devena Chouhan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
With regard to the 2021 start date, I have not received an email confirming this. On my portal, it just says that I will be taken off the reserve list in January if no job becomes available. Is anyone else in this position?
lowayyz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I was put on the reserve list and, got the email about potentially being deferred to next September.

Just got another email saying I now have a placement. Looks like they are placing people now!
Devena Chouhan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lowayyz)
I was put on the reserve list and, got the email about potentially being deferred to next September.

Just got another email saying I now have a placement. Looks like they are placing people now!
What department if you don't mind me asking? Also huge congratulations!!!!!
zaynaraja
Rep:
?
With regard to the 2021 start date, I have not received an email confirming this. On my portal, it just says that I will be taken off the reserve list in January if no job becomes available. Is anyone else in this position?
hmmm that is strange. my portal has not changed since I was offered a position (even though I was placed on the reserve list).
lextn4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Same here, random question but are you waiting on MSc results?
Devena Chouhan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Very strange, i want to ask someone about but cannot gain any response. And no I did not do a masters. So much uncertainty makes me feel anxious.
Devena Chouhan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey all, I received a reply from Sarah Ward, the Recruitment Manager. She reassured me that the intention is to offer everyone on the reserve list a job. I am not sure if this has already been stated here, but I thought I would share it nonetheless!
jak56
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey all, I received a reply from Sarah Ward, the Recruitment Manager. She reassured me that the intention is to offer everyone on the reserve list a job. I am not sure if this has already been stated here, but I thought I would share it nonetheless!
Great news if they can do this. I’m just starting a Masters course however, so will need to pay tuition fees if I don’t pull out the course soon. Hope we get offered jobs quickly
as2078
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jak56)
Great news if they can do this. I’m just starting a Masters course however, so will need to pay tuition fees if I don’t pull out the course soon. Hope we get offered jobs quickly
Yeah exactly the same boat here! I wish they'd let us know soon! (or even by the end of August, as they said they would)
zaynaraja
Rep:
?
(Original post by jak56)
(Original post by as2078)
Yeah exactly the same boat here! I wish they'd let us know soon! (or even by the end of August, as they said they would)
what masters are you guys doing!!
as2078
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just an economics msc at leeds
jak56
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Economics msc as well
BenRyan99
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jak56)
Economics msc as well
Where are you studying it?
as2078
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jak56)
Economics msc as well
Have you emailed the GES to say you’re doing that? Just wondering whether it might speed up the process or not
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads