Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Forgive me if I sound ignorant.

1) two old leaders have a argument
2) millions get killed due to there arugment while the leaders sit at home
3)at the end of the war,millions of youth are dead.Not the war starters though

4) we worship these leaders for leading us to victory when in reality they are responsible for the millions of families who have lost a loved one
5)many more millions have life-changing injuries and some are basically vegetables on life-support.

6) and at the end,little to nothing is gained except millions of deaths and horrendous injuries and a slight ego boost to certain people.
username5322502
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Territorial Gain
Religious Gain
Economic Gain
Nationalism Gain
Revenge Gain
Revolution Gain
source
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is good money in war especially ones that you aren't actually involved in. The arms industry is a valued at about $500 billion globally.
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Certain parties have a lot to gain.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SirDaShawn)
Forgive me if I sound ignorant.

1) two old leaders have a argument
2) millions get killed due to there arugment while the leaders sit at home
3)at the end of the war,millions of youth are dead.Not the war starters though

4) we worship these leaders for leading us to victory when in reality they are responsible for the millions of families who have lost a loved one
5)many more millions have life-changing injuries and some are basically vegetables on life-support.

6) and at the end,little to nothing is gained except millions of deaths and horrendous injuries and a slight ego boost to certain people.
Pretty much yeah. We're apes at heart - we have to posture and beat our chests to get our points across (sometimes literally if you find somewhere rowdy in a Friday night). But when it comes to nation states beating the chest = hundreds dead or more.

Not sure about 'life support' - that hasn't really existed in the same time scales as millions of deaths - but long term disability yes. You also neglect to mention the effect it can have on disease and famine - often that's the thing that kills the most actually.

A lot of wars, particularly in modern times actually - are driven by religion. Unfortunately, when someone believes their enemy is literally the devil, none of your arguments will persuade him.
Other_Owl
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ECC now the European Union?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.86%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
45.08%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.75%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.32%

Watched Threads