The Student Room Group

SFE Gift year

I have already used two years in HE, the second being a change in course in another institution. However I am planing on another course change this upcoming year and was wondering if there is any way I could get my gift year reinstated.
I am aware of CPR and want to apply for it however, I wouldn't have a strong evidence from a medical background. The only other person who is aware of my situation is a careers counsellor from my first uni. Would that be a suitable evidence? I am literally struggling to find ways to fund my year if I change courses. Is there any alternative at all? I am very eager to continue at uni
Any advice on what to do will help! ANYTHING will help
Original post by ConfusedAmbivert
I have already used two years in HE, the second being a change in course in another institution. However I am planing on another course change this upcoming year and was wondering if there is any way I could get my gift year reinstated.
I am aware of CPR and want to apply for it however, I wouldn't have a strong evidence from a medical background. The only other person who is aware of my situation is a careers counsellor from my first uni. Would that be a suitable evidence? I am literally struggling to find ways to fund my year if I change courses. Is there any alternative at all? I am very eager to continue at uni
Any advice on what to do will help! ANYTHING will help

As much professional evidence as possible. It doesnt have to be medical, but a contributing factor as to why you failed. Non medical reasons can count.

Even if you dont get cpr you get maintenance.

Hard to comment as you dont provide enough context.

Changing courses three times is not ideal.
Original post by 999tigger
As much professional evidence as possible. It doesnt have to be medical, but a contributing factor as to why you failed. Non medical reasons can count.

Even if you dont get cpr you get maintenance.

Hard to comment as you dont provide enough context.

Changing courses three times is not ideal.

I have been trying to gather evidence wherever possible as of now.
Are you implying that I could use my maintenance loan to fund tuition fee? I would be living away but I could consider that.
Basically been having issues since the start of the academic year and huge part of this has been family problems which has had a massive impact on my ability to study. Other than that I didn't even get the tuition fee approved until the end of first term (Dec) so was financially burdened by that.
Completely understand that change of courses more than once isn't ideal, however I often blame myself for starting so early and not taking a year off. I started HE in January last year as I wasn't eligible for September of said year. I left the uni in about April so hardly 3 months.

Been thinking of paying off the tuition fee for that year as I wasn't charged the full amount and I may be able to but I don't know if that's an option.
Thanks for your input tho, really appreciate it!
Original post by ConfusedAmbivert
I have been trying to gather evidence wherever possible as of now.
Are you implying that I could use my maintenance loan to fund tuition fee? I would be living away but I could consider that.
Basically been having issues since the start of the academic year and huge part of this has been family problems which has had a massive impact on my ability to study. Other than that I didn't even get the tuition fee approved until the end of first term (Dec) so was financially burdened by that.
Completely understand that change of courses more than once isn't ideal, however I often blame myself for starting so early and not taking a year off. I started HE in January last year as I wasn't eligible for September of said year. I left the uni in about April so hardly 3 months.

Been thinking of paying off the tuition fee for that year as I wasn't charged the full amount and I may be able to but I don't know if that's an option.
Thanks for your input tho, really appreciate it!

Hi
You can use your Maintenance Loan to find your tuition fee if you choose to do so.

You can upload all your evidence online, it doesn’t need to be posted so you should gather as much evidence as you can and upload it and the assessors will review it.

The two main things SFE look for are 1. How your studies were affected and 2. Dates
If your university knew about your issues then you could get your tutor to write a letter explaining the two points.

It currently takes 23 working days to review Compelling Personal Reasons evidence (nearly 5 weeks) so you should look at uploading evidence soon.

Quick Reply

Latest