PARALEGAL jobs for internationally qualified attorney? QLTS route?

Watch
Blackumbrella
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone! I am a qualified Indian attorney with two years of work experience in IPR Law firms and I am currently in the UK, due to complete my LLM from a Russell Group Uni (Durham) in September. Do you think my current credentials and experience puts me in a favourable position to apply for paralegal jobs in the UK before I become a solicitor formally?

If it helps, I can stay here till March after which I will need a UK sponsor.
Basically, the plan in theory is to get a paralegal job till at least March so as to manage finances and gain experience and later sit for the QLTS to formally qualify as a solicitor in England and Wales.
Any help/suggestion/advice as to how this might work is GREATLY appreciated!
Please let me know if there's anything more that might help. Cheers!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Blackumbrella)
Hi everyone! I am a qualified Indian attorney with two years of work experience in IPR Law firms and I am currently in the UK, due to complete my LLM from a Russell Group Uni (Durham) in September. Do you think my current credentials and experience puts me in a favourable position to apply for paralegal jobs in the UK before I become a solicitor formally?

If it helps, I can stay here till March after which I will need a UK sponsor.
Basically, the plan in theory is to get a paralegal job till at least March so as to manage finances and gain experience and later sit for the QLTS to formally qualify as a solicitor in England and Wales.
Any help/suggestion/advice as to how this might work is GREATLY appreciated!
Please let me know if there's anything more that might help. Cheers!
No idea. I think you just need to speak to firms or recruiters.
Ideally they like to see the LPC so you are non standard, but they do take graduates.
Is your LLB from the UK as well?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (180)
24.73%
Better than expected (146)
20.05%
Worse than expected (402)
55.22%

Watched Threads