Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    er yeah, how do you know your teeth hadn't decayed, in that case he/she would have filed and filled...i think.

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to pretty much have proof they weren't like that to start with. And you need to get a 2nd opinion. And why, and how are you so sure the dentist screwed up? Are you a dentist yourself?. Go get a 2nd opinion. Find out what really happened before you get all excited about a lawsuit and some money.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't she saying that she'd not been to that particular dentist before, as opposed to not having been to one ever?

ReputationRep:
    sorry you cant sue for **** your wasting your time...but hey if you want to try go ahead

ReputationRep:
    Pic!

(Original post by yeahyeahyeahs)
    well he was drilling in to my lower second molar from the back for my filling but the drill must have brush pass my other teeth and accidently filled them down/enemal off.

obviously my mouth was numb and i couldnt feel a thing at the time.

no, i am not getting veneers but now it looks like i may have to!!
    Enamel is very hard stuff. You don't brush past it with a drill and accidently remove all the enamel. Anyone who has had veneers can tell you that. Most likely is he removed a loa dof crud and hey presto, your teeth all of a sudden look thinner and more transparent...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    Enamel is very hard stuff. You don't brush past it with a drill and accidently remove all the enamel. Anyone who has had veneers can tell you that. Most likely is he removed a loa dof crud and hey presto, your teeth all of a sudden look thinner and more transparent...

This is what I was going to say - I remember my brother coming home from the dentist whinging that the dentist had filed the enamel off his tooth, as it felt and looked different to him. Turned out he'd just removed a build up of mank from it.

ReputationRep:
    You can't file enamel off of three teeth by accident. Was he drunk? Or an actual dentist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeahyeahyeahs)
    no, this dentist did.

didnt even give me a mirror to check my teeth.
    u said uve never been to the dentist before?

go check with another dentist before u shout foul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookieman)
    u said uve never been to the dentist before?

go check with another dentist before u shout foul.
    I have been to the dentist before. I spent 7 years of my life going to the dentist on a regular basis as a child. i previously had 5 fillings done before, 5 tooth extractions as well as braces on my upper teeth.

I DO KNOW what i am on about.

As i said before, this was the first time i went to see this particular dentist and at this new practice.

his work was shoddy and having now researched it abit more about teeth, he shouldn't have given me a large white compsite filling for a back molar, but should have given me the choice of having a inlay.

anyways i will be going for a check up at another dental practice to check the work that has been done to me.

btw, will post a pic when i get home.

ReputationRep:
    Actually he could have (used white compsite filling) , as long as the filling is not under pressure .i.e he may have filled the side of the tooth where there is no pessure from the bite. I think a dental student would explain this better.

ReputationRep:
    Are you American by any chance?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.