Help me with homework READING "Extinction"Watch
This programme looks at several animals close to extinction and questions why they are now in danger. We are taken to the habitats of these different animals and shown why their survival is threatened.
In this excellent series we look at how the changing weather patterns in different continents is affecting the way the people live and how they have to adapt.
This is an award-winning documentary that traces man’s efforts over the centuries to use natural energy resources such as wind and wave power. We look at the first windmills and watermills in several regions.
A day in the life
This unusual programme compares the lives of villagers in a third world country with villagers in the UK and studies how they both deal with environmental issues.
A special programme which reveals the range of options available to people who wish to purchase cars that are kinder to the environment.
Complete the sentences with the correct programme title.
1. In _______ we can learn historical facts.
2. In _______ we can find out about how to buy something in an environmentally-friendly way.
3. In _______ we can see different attitudes to the environment.
4. In _______ we can see how nature is affecting our lifestyle.
5. In _______ we can learn about the reasons for certain natural problems.
Have you watched the programmes? If you keep a notepad next to you when you watch each, you can write down interesting facts and notes and it’ll make the exercise much easier For the first documentary, I assume it’s referring to the Holocene extinction, which is a fascinating read!