Help me with homework READING "Extinction"

Watch
HuTieuMyTho
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Extinction
This programme looks at several animals close to extinction and questions why they are now in danger. We are taken to the habitats of these different animals and shown why their survival is threatened.

Changing skies
In this excellent series we look at how the changing weather patterns in different continents is affecting the way the people live and how they have to adapt.

Natural power
This is an award-winning documentary that traces man’s efforts over the centuries to use natural energy resources such as wind and wave power. We look at the first windmills and watermills in several regions.

A day in the life
This unusual programme compares the lives of villagers in a third world country with villagers in the UK and studies how they both deal with environmental issues.

Drive me
A special programme which reveals the range of options available to people who wish to purchase cars that are kinder to the environment.

Complete the sentences with the correct programme title.

1. In _______ we can learn historical facts.

2. In _______ we can find out about how to buy something in an environmentally-friendly way.

3. In _______ we can see different attitudes to the environment.

4. In _______ we can see how nature is affecting our lifestyle.

5. In _______ we can learn about the reasons for certain natural problems.
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Have you watched the programmes? If you keep a notepad next to you when you watch each, you can write down interesting facts and notes and it’ll make the exercise much easier :^_^: For the first documentary, I assume it’s referring to the Holocene extinction, which is a fascinating read!
Good luck
HuTieuMyTho
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Moonbow)
Have you watched the programmes? If you keep a notepad next to you when you watch each, you can write down interesting facts and notes and it’ll make the exercise much easier :^_^: For the first documentary, I assume it’s referring to the Holocene extinction, which is a fascinating read!
Good luck
Thank you. Have a funny weekend!
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by HuTieuMyTho)
Have a funny weekend!
Haha! I’ve not heard that one before before and I quite like it! Have a funny weekend to you to good sir/madam :hat2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (633)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise