Tash02
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Applying for English, unsure if I should continue with my application for Cambridge.
GCSEs - 988887777765 (5 in art was 3 marks off next grade and 6 in maths was 3 marks off next grade) with extenuating circumstances
Compared to lots of other people with their straight 9s do I stand a chance based on these grades alone?
Avesta2003
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yea go for it; my GCSEs are crap, and I've met some current students with ones that are just awful - GCSEs do not have much of an impact in your application to Cambridge, unlike Oxford, from what I've read and seen so far. Don't worry about the GCSEs; worry about the A-Levels and everything else.
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
GCSE grades aren't a massive part of the application process - I got in for languages ?slightly less competitive, but still a humanities subject) with 9988887A6C. It is still very competitive, but it is only one of your 5 UCAS choices, and applying is a good experience, since interviews let you talk about your subject with top academics. Just get practicing for the Elat and nake akesure you're as happy as possible with your PS.

Hope it goes well!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (209)
38.78%
Take autumn exams (162)
30.06%
Look for a job (19)
3.53%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.08%
Take a year out (95)
17.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
5.94%

Watched Threads