Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I haven't actually received anything except a letter saying congratulations and information on enrolling online. I've done all that but I have no other information about my course like what I need or what I'm suppose to do on my first day. I only ask because my friend has received the info on what her timetable will be like and what books she needs to get (she's doing 'primary school teaching').

Anyone else doing BIS? Have you received anything? I'm in panic mode right now.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, seriously, what the ****? Am I the only one ****ing doing this course?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Business Computer systems which is pretty similar to BIS. I haven't received anything yet either, I've enrolled online, but thats aboot it. Trying to think what else I've got, oh loads of leaflets from the Student Union.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mills04)
    I'm doing Business Computer systems which is pretty similar to BIS. I haven't received anything yet either, I've enrolled online, but thats aboot it. Trying to think what else I've got, oh loads of leaflets from the Student Union.
    Our courses seem identical haha. We pretty much do all the same modules, except in the 2nd year where we do 2 different ones and in the 4th year you do more I.T. based modules and I do more business based modules.

Thanks for the reply, it kind of puts me at ease as I thought I was the only one, but maybe it's just course specific. Maybe they think we're so smart we'll just figure it out..haha.

EDIT: Oh, also. We have to have a 'Fee Payment Form' with us on our first day, but where do I get this form to fill out? Or is it just the SLC notification confirming your tuition fee loans are being provided?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rummang)
    Our courses seem identical haha. We pretty much do all the same modules, except in the 2nd year where we do 2 different ones and in the 4th year you do more I.T. based modules and I do more business based modules.

Thanks for the reply, it kind of puts me at ease as I thought I was the only one, but maybe it's just course specific. Maybe they think we're so smart we'll just figure it out..haha.

EDIT: Oh, also. We have to have a 'Fee Payment Form' with us on our first day, but where do I get this form to fill out? Or is it just the SLC notification confirming your tuition fee loans are being provided?
    Might well see you at some lectures then! My mum was asking me yesterday whether I had a reading list or anything, I just shrugged haha. There is a timetable on the school website, have you seen that? That's all I've managed to work out so far, but I must admit I haven't really bothered to look (bit lazy)

Haven't heard about a Fee Payment Form to be honest, when I enrolled, it said you must provide evidence that SLC are paying your tuition fees and to send them your notification thing, so I'll probably just do that.

ReputationRep:
    Might well see you at some lectures then! My mum was asking me yesterday whether I had a reading list or anything, I just shrugged haha. There is a timetable on the school website, have you seen that? That's all I've managed to work out so far, but I must admit I haven't really bothered to look (bit lazy)
    Haha nice. Is this the timetable you're talking about? I had an email about it but I couldn't find my course on the list and just now I figured "Let's take a look at the computing one", turns out that is my timetable...they could've at least put some kind of indicator like "This timetable includes: BIS, BCS, etc" 'cause I thought it was for the 'Computing' course itself.

Haven't heard about a Fee Payment Form to be honest, when I enrolled, it said you must provide evidence that SLC are paying your tuition fees and to send them your notification thing, so I'll probably just do that.
    Yeah, that's what I figured they wanted then. I'll probably just take it in on my first day instead of posting it.

Got MSN, bro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rummang)
    Haha nice. Is this the timetable you're talking about? I had an email about it but I couldn't find my course on the list and just now I figured "Let's take a look at the computing one", turns out that is my timetable...they could've at least put some kind of indicator like "This timetable includes: BIS, BCS, etc" 'cause I thought it was for the 'Computing' course itself.

Yeah, that's what I figured they wanted then. I'll probably just take it in on my first day instead of posting it.

Got MSN, bro?
    Yeah that's the timetable. I just logged into my Student Central account and found it had more information about the course etc on it, but no reading list from what I could see, oh well, just have to wait until we arrive I guess.

I have indeed, I'll send you a PM

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, im takin it too, just saw the timetable for the induction week. Did you guys take computing or ict in college? do you know some of the topics like programming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Term_izzo)
    Hey guys, im takin it too, just saw the timetable for the induction week. Did you guys take computing or ict in college? do you know some of the topics like programming?
    Are you doing BIS or BCS? I did Computing at college. I don't really know much programming myself, but it should be OK, first year is all about getting everyone to the same level.

ReputationRep:
    doing business information systems, my college didnt have computing, they only had applied ict, so yea took that, what college did u go to, and do u live in brighton? add me on msn i'll send u a pm

University open days

• University of Brighton
    Accounting, finance and economics + architecture and interiors + biology and ecology + biomedical sciences + business and management + chemistry + civil engineering + computing + construction and building + environment + geography + law + marketing + maths + pharmacy Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Feb '19
  • University of Brighton
    Education studies + literature, language and linguistics + health professions + psychology + social work + teacher training, PGCE and EYITT Postgraduate
    Tue, 12 Feb '19
  • University of Brighton
    Art and design + history of art and design + humanities + media + photography and sound + textiles Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Feb '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.