Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Over the summer I went to the gym and cut down majorly on what i ate.
    I'm so happy with my weight loss.
    But now i'm sort of eating more crap and going to the gym only once maybe every two weeks.
    I need help to remotivate myself!!

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Concentrate your thoughts on the body you could have, rather than the body you want to avoid.

Other than that, just suck it up and do it. There's no miracle cure for lack of motivation except strength of will.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could look into changing what you do at the gym so you've got more interest in it. If you're stuck with something when it comes to exercise and can't motivate yourself, it usually pays to try something alternative which would accomplish the same things because you might enjoy that more. For example, I couldn't motivate myself for my endurance sessions on the rowing machine, but I tried doing endurance sessions on my bike and found that I enjoy that much more and have no trouble with getting the motivation to do a whole hour or more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Maybe you could look into changing what you do at the gym so you've got more interest in it. If you're stuck with something when it comes to exercise and can't motivate yourself, it usually pays to try something alternative which would accomplish the same things because you might enjoy that more. For example, I couldn't motivate myself for my endurance sessions on the rowing machine, but I tried doing endurance sessions on my bike and found that I enjoy that much more and have no trouble with getting the motivation to do a whole hour or more.
    x2.

ReputationRep:
    If you do cardio, then the big three for me: Running / Rowing / Swimming are good to maintain motivation. It is hard to be good at them all, but easy to be good at one.

If, say, you can run 5/10K easily, try rowing or swimming the same distance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spark911)
    If, say, you can run 5/10K easily, try rowing or swimming the same distance!
    I wouldn't advise trying to swim the same distance you can row or run. You'll be there for ages. Go for swimming probably 1/4 of the distance you'd row or run.

ReputationRep:
    Just remember if you don't do the whole routine, something is better than nothing at all. So at least just get into the gym, and then do whatever you feel you can/want when you get there. That way you might not dread going to the gym so much.

(I have no idea if that's true)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam o0o)
    Just remember if you don't do the whole routine, something is better than nothing at all. So at least just get into the gym, and then do whatever you feel you can/want when you get there. That way you might not dread going to the gym so much.

(I have no idea if that's true)
    Of course it's true. A little is always better than nothing. Just make sure it's enough to justify your membership.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I wouldn't advise trying to swim the same distance you can row or run. You'll be there for ages. Go for swimming probably 1/4 of the distance you'd row or run.
    Yeah, sorry, should have clarified that's more of a target than a "go do it". Swim until you can swim that far etc :p:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.