Why is Boris Johnson hated?

Watch
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it because he defended Dominic Cummings? If there is a good reason to despise him, then fair enough. But, I simply fail to understand why he is hated. I believe he is better than Trump, but he made a mistake when he defended DC, though we all make mistakes and all deserve a second chance.
Because BoJo can barely manage a speech, nevermind leading the country through the most difficult time in 40 years. Still support the Tories though.
OptiWeight
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
True, but people shouldn't simply hate someone just because they're the PM.
Tell that to the British public
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, he defended Cummings even though they’re advising the public to do something instead of giving them orders to follow the rules in the pandemic but aren’t following their own rules.
- he has made harsh, racial remarks calling muslims “letterboxes” and handled Brexit quiet shockingly.
the beer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He's a nasty piece of work.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by the beer)
He's a nasty piece of work.
He has form for threatening and being abusive to journalists who find him out. Ask about his former friend Darius Guppy.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
Because BoJo can barely manage a speech, nevermind leading the country through the most difficult time in 40 years. Still support the Tories though.
To be fair, he is a very good orator. He is charming and charismatic. He is however a terrible leader, has no eye for detail or strategy. Without Cummings he would be nothing. That said he and Cummings' arrogance will be their ultimate downfall.

I predict Johnson will exit amidst a fire storm of chaos when his time is up. That won't be for a while though.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
To be fair, he is a very good orator. He is charming and charismatic. He is however a terrible leader, has no eye for detail or strategy. Without Cummings he would be nothing. That said he and Cummings' arrogance will be their ultimate downfall.

I predict Johnson will exit amidst a fire storm of chaos when his time is up. That won't be for a while though.
He'll meet the same fate as Labour PM, James Callaghan.
luvjos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is it because he defended Dominic Cummings? If there is a good reason to despise him, then fair enough. But, I simply fail to understand why he is hated. I believe he is better than Trump, but he made a mistake when he defended DC, though we all make mistakes and all deserve a second chance.
Personally, I don't like him because of his past of sexist & racist remarks and comments. Also I think partially I just don't like what I hear when I listen to him because our political stances are very different.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (40)
23.81%
Better than expected (38)
22.62%
Worse than expected (90)
53.57%

Watched Threads