Turn on thread page Beta

What food and drinks have health benefits apart from the well known? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

sorry if title is a bit vague. i meant to ask if anyone has any suggestions of food and drink that has health benefits that is not obvious i.e. fruit and veg and water etc.

the only ones ive heard of is red wine and dark chocolate.

any others? thanks

ReputationRep:
    apparently coffee cuts the risk of type 2 diabetes?

ReputationRep:
    Frog liver blended with asparagus whilst naked under a full moon is supposed to enhance your sexual prowess.

ReputationRep:
    bacon - all around well being

ReputationRep:
    oh, btw: what's better than a bacon sandwich?
    hint: more bacon

ReputationRep:
    oh and: what's better than a bacon bun?
    hint: bacon

ReputationRep:
    Blueberries and almonds are absolute super foods. Sweet potato and brown rice are far better even than wheat bread as a source of fiber and carbs. Rye bread, big in the Jewish community and available at most bagel shops, is very healthy and the best option for a sandwich. Egg whites, caesin and whey are the best proteins with the highest number of amino acids. Also, jalepenos are great for firing up the metabolism. If your body can manage the mexican variety, go for these, since they are tastier than the ones we predominantly get in Europe.

Oh, peneat butter helps raise testosterone levels and is great on its own before bed, especially after a day's working out. Also, keep fattier varieties of fish in the equation. God, this is making me hungry indeed.

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.