Data Analyst with a degree in Accounting?

Watch
username5304322
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Would it be possible to become a data analyst with a degree in Accounting and knowledge/certifications in SQL, R, Python & platforms such as Tableau?
SAARH.A5
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Would you like to get into a career in Data Analysis after completing your Accounting Undergraduate degree? If this is the case, then yes you can become a Data Analyst with a degree in Accounting. Most entry-level Data Analyst jobs require at least a bachelor level degree.

Perhaps you could use online resources to learn Python etc. I would suggest trying out some MOOCS/online courses, so then you can develop the skills that you will need.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
username5304322
Rep:
?
(Original post by SAARH.A5)
Would you like to get into a career in Data Analysis after completing your Accounting Undergraduate degree? If this is the case, then yes you can become a Data Analyst with a degree in Accounting. Most entry-level Data Analyst jobs require at least a bachelor level degree.

Perhaps you could use online resources to learn Python etc. I would suggest trying out some MOOCS/online courses, so then you can develop the skills that you will need.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
It's a possibility. I was thinking of sitting the ACA examinations after my Accounting degree but Data Analysis would be my Plan B, in case anything changes. I've been using freeCodeCamp at the moment to learn computer programming but I'll definitely check out some of the MOOCS/online courses. Thank you!
SAARH.A5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AM.TSR)
It's a possibility. I was thinking of sitting the ACA examinations after my Accounting degree but Data Analysis would be my Plan B, in case anything changes. I've been using freeCodeCamp at the moment to learn computer programming but I'll definitely check out some of the MOOCS/online courses. Thank you!
No problem! That's a great idea. Let me know if you want me to find relevant online courses that would be useful for you. If you ever need help with anything, feel free to ask me at any time.
SAARH.A5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Here are the ACA/ACCA resources AM.TSR

These are the 15 ACA exam modules you need to complete. Check out this PDF - this is the ACA syllabus. There are different sections called Certificate level & Professional level.

You could check out the ACA practice papers which are freely available online. Have a look at this for Advanced level & this for Certificate level.

For more information on the ACA, check out this website. This has everything that you'll need.

The links that I have provided are the most useful resources in my opinion. If you would like more resources on anything specific, let me know.
username5304322
Rep:
?
(Original post by SAARH.A5)
Here are the ACA/ACCA resources AM.TSR

These are the 15 ACA exam modules you need to complete. Check out this PDF - this is the ACA syllabus. There are different sections called Certificate level & Professional level.

You could check out the ACA practice papers which are freely available online. Have a look at this for Advanced level & this for Certificate level.

For more information on the ACA, check out this website. This has everything that you'll need.

The links that I have provided are the most useful resources in my opinion. If you would like more resources on anything specific, let me know.
Thanks SAARH.A5! 😄
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
28.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (5)
7.81%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
57.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
6.25%

Watched Threads