Should I learn to drive manual or automatic?

Watch
rachellouise21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I was planning to learn automatic because apparently it's easier but now manual is also appealing to me because you can drive both manual and auto whereas with auto its harder to drive manual. I'm 17 so was wondering what other people my age drive. Also is it true that most SUVs are manual? I hope one day to get one and don't want to be at a disadvantage if I can only drive auto. Thank you!
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Learn in a manual, it’s not that complicated and then sets you up for either. I would not say that most SUV are manual, probably the opposite
sTneduTs
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Manual no question. It's really not hard and you'd regret learning automatic.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by rachellouise21)
because you can drive both manual and auto
manual, for exactly this reason
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by rachellouise21)
I was planning to learn automatic because apparently it's easier but now manual is also appealing to me because you can drive both manual and auto whereas with auto its harder to drive manual. I'm 17 so was wondering what other people my age drive. Also is it true that most SUVs are manual? I hope one day to get one and don't want to be at a disadvantage if I can only drive auto. Thank you!
I would say manual but all hybrid cars are automatic
StudentFinley
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Learn manual. It’s more common to find a driving instructor and most cars for young people which are cheaper to buy and less to insure are manual. You can easily transition to automatic if you prefer a car which is an automatic
rachellouise21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Thank you everyone!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (117)
28.33%
No - I have already returned home (55)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (81)
19.61%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.69%
No - I live at home during term anyway (120)
29.06%

Watched Threads