to tell him or not to tell him...abortion Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
ive recently found out that imm pregnant and im going to go to the dctors tomorrow to getthe abortion pill.... there is no way that i would keep the baby....ive recently broken up with my bf however, should i tell him or should i not bother... plz help.... ive gt 12hrs to decide...
Plato123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tell him, he is the father of the child and deserves to know.
Anonymous #1
he is two years younger than me. im 19 he is 17, he has the immaturity of a 13 yrold...im going thru with it anyway... its just a case of do i tell him?
Prudy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
ive recently found out that imm pregnant and im going to go to the dctors tomorrow to getthe abortion pill.... there is no way that i would keep the baby....ive recently broken up with my bf however, should i tell him or should i not bother... plz help.... ive gt 12hrs to decide...
Personally I would tell him at some point. However, as you've only 12 hrs to decide and, seemingly, his opinion won't change your wanting an abortion, I would go to the doctors and tell him afterwards. Get through this emotional turbulance before you set yourself up for more.
tami
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it's totally up to you. don't feel pressured into telling him or not telling him. if you think it would make the situation worse for you emotionally or if you think that it is a private matter concerning your body then i honestly think it's fine to just keep it to yourself.
hazzypants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
he deserves to know. your call on whether you tell him before or after. maybe you should talk it through with him? I know this might be a bad idea, since you've broken up, so it;s completely your call if you do, but it's an idea.
Good luck
nolongerhearthemusic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He does not 'deserve to know'. If you're set on having an abortion, it's none of his business. It's his business if a child of his is born. Anything before that is your business unless you want to tell him.

If you want to tell him, tell him. If you don't, don't feel like you have to.
Anonymous #1
men........what would u prefer, to be told or not???
sharp910sh
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would no tell him. But it must have been hard to get an abortion, good on you.
Prudy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
men........what would u prefer, to be told or not???
At this moment it is not about what anyone else would prefer. It is about what you need to do to get through what will be an emotional experience.

Personally, I think you should tell him afterwards.
Allthewayhome
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would tell him if it were me.

But it isn't me and so the only advice I can really give you is to make a decision that you are happy with because your happiness is the only that matters regardless of opinions surrounding abortion or telling the father.

Your peace of mind and happiness above everything else.

I don't envy your choice or decision but I wish you all the love and best I can muster.
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
He does not 'deserve to know'. If you're set on having an abortion, it's none of his business. It's his business if a child of his is born. Anything before that is your business unless you want to tell him.

If you want to tell him, tell him. If you don't, don't feel like you have to.
Sorry but it is quite a large part of his 'business' the child is a product of him just as much as a product of her. In an ideal world the decision to have an abortion should be a joint one between the man and women both analysing there reasons for doing so.

The very least you have to do is tell the guy you've done it.
Solid_Snake_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldnt want to know. In all honesty you shouldnt tell him. He almost certainly doesnt want the child, and telling him will just making him upset and guilty about the abortion. What you dont tell him cant harm him and you'll both be better off afterwards.
Jozaphinee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you going to the doctors on your own? Maybe, if you don't end up telling him (totally your own decision), tell a close friend or something, going through something like that on your own can't be easy.

Good luck, I hope everything is ok. xx
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not sure of the benefit in telling him if you have broken up and have no intention of having any future contact.
Anonymous #1
ooooooooooooo im so confused...
oh_wow_lovely
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
personally i probably wouldnt tell him (atleast for now) even though it is his right..
Anonymous #1
im going by myself, my bessie mate is in spain....
Danielle_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Either tell him tonight or not at all.
If you go through with it and decide to tell him after you've done it,its going to really ruin his head and it'll probs make him think "what if?".
I think he deserves to know before you do it.
Also think you should think of you're feelings and happiness because if you don't tell him would you feel guilty or not? Do what you think is best.
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're set on getting an abortion then I would say don't tell him, because he may try to change your mind and then you may end up having a baby that you don't want, and there is no guarantee that he won't change his mind either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed