The Student Room Group

How hasty should one be in booking an accommodation at this time? London

I wanted thoughts from others as to how hasty I should feel in booking an accommodation? If I see something I like, should I go for it? Even when I have hardly looked at anything else?

Or should I take a few days? I've not gone through this process in London before so I am unsure what kind of expectations I should be having at this moment. I applied late and so here I am sorting accommodation now. Would appreciate advice, thanks.
Reply 1
I had done myself the same question and decided to look at every place I could find. This week, I receive an offer for a spot that fits me, and I accepted. In your case, it depends if you are sure that you are going to London next year (because, as you probably know, you usually have to pay a deposit to book your place) and if you want a place in a demanding part of London. If the accommodation that you like has a fair price and the characteristics you are looking for (private/shared bathroom, other rooms with other people/studio just for you, catered/self-catered, etc.), why not go for it?

Still, if any accommodation about the city fits you, then you don't need to look for it that quickly. London has a world of accommodations, for all types of budgets, mentalities and necessities :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Niimbuss
I wanted thoughts from others as to how hasty I should feel in booking an accommodation? If I see something I like, should I go for it? Even when I have hardly looked at anything else?

Or should I take a few days? I've not gone through this process in London before so I am unsure what kind of expectations I should be having at this moment. I applied late and so here I am sorting accommodation now. Would appreciate advice, thanks.

Hi, guys I’m looking for a tenancy replacement , the accommodation is in Kingston upon Thames London it’s Arbury court.The room is a gold en-suite £215 pw 45 weeks contract, you can leave at any time.The accommodations is very modern and has state of the art facilities.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by LuísTA
I had done myself the same question and decided to look at every place I could find. This week, I receive an offer for a spot that fits me, and I accepted. In your case, it depends if you are sure that you are going to London next year (because, as you probably know, you usually have to pay a deposit to book your place) and if you want a place in a demanding part of London. If the accommodation that you like has a fair price and the characteristics you are looking for (private/shared bathroom, other rooms with other people/studio just for you, catered/self-catered, etc.), why not go for it?

Still, if any accommodation about the city fits you, then you don't need to look for it that quickly. London has a world of accommodations, for all types of budgets, mentalities and necessities :smile:

Are you gonna be living in catered or self-catered accommodation out of interest? What are your thoughts on catered?
Reply 4
Original post by Niimbuss
Are you gonna be living in catered or self-catered accommodation out of interest? What are your thoughts on catered?

I lived in self-catered accommodation during the last semester of my bachelor's degree, where I cooked every day to myself and occasionally to friends. It was a great way to control what you eat and maintain a healthy diet, but it also takes a lot of your free time. To my master's degree, the nearest room I found to my university (10 minutes walking) with other students and a fair price is catered. The food surely won't be tasty all the time, though I am confident it will be the best way to know new people and get more free time to myself.

I hope I managed to answer your question :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending