ismig07
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
if you fail maths and english lang gcse, do you have to study for the retake and if you pass do you choose your a level you want to do?
L1vvy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes if you fail you have to retake the GCSE in around November time and if you fail that, again with the next GCSE year in June time. You will be put in a new class to work towards passing it, so yes you have to study. You get to chose your A Levels at the start of the academic year in September, regardless if you pass or not. It just depends on if your school/college will let you take the A Level without the GCSE qualification yet, which they often do if they know you will work hard in that subject.
Pablopip
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ismig07)
if you fail maths and english lang gcse, do you have to study for the retake and if you pass do you choose your a level you want to do?
If you fail maths and English lang GCSE, you do have to study for the retake but you do this alongside your chosen A levels.
Kai Hope
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Pablopip)
If you fail maths and English lang GCSE, you do have to study for the retake but you do this alongside your chosen A levels.
I don’t really understand how its work so everyone can do A-levels even they fail maths and english just retake them alongside their A-levels? But the college entry requirements said that you should gain a minimum of 4 in eng and maths to do A-levels but if its like what you said does that mean anyone can do A-levels?
Pablopip
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Kai Hope)
I don’t really understand how its work so everyone can do A-levels even they fail maths and english just retake them alongside their A-levels? But the college entry requirements said that you should gain a minimum of 4 in eng and maths to do A-levels but if its like what you said does that mean anyone can do A-levels?
At my school this is done based on individual A levels. Some subjects require passes but some don't. For lots of subjects everyone can do A-levels even they fail maths and english just retake them alongside their A-levels as long as they meet the entry requirements for that subject. I'm not sure if this is the same everywhere though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads