Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I will finish IB this November in Australia and will then apply for University for October in Mannheim in Germany ( i am German). Has anybody experience with German universities and how they like IB? I fullfill all requirements for germany so my score will be directly translated into ABI.... Is anybody that did IB going to a German uni?
    Thanks a lot for reply!!
    Elena

ReputationRep:
    hey
    well im not german and im not going to a german uni, but i know quite a few germans who are! it seems that as long as you the subject requirements germany makes then once your IB score has been translated into the abitur score then you are treated like any other applicant. apparently scores over 42 are worth more than 1,0 and i think 37 is worth 1,9......... good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i also think you have to take german as a subject...

ReputationRep:
    Lesen bildet

http://www.ibo.org/country/universit...ent_country=DE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CATIII)
    Lesen bildet

http://www.ibo.org/country/universit...ent_country=DE
    Danke, wusst ich schon so is nich...
    I know about all the regulations i just wanted to ask how the universities stand towards IB or if anybody who did IB is on a german uni...

ReputationRep:
    trust me there will be no problem with you getting into a german uni

i have tons of german friends that did IB and they all got into german unis.... just make sure you have a high point score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AEllie)
    I know about all the regulations i just wanted to ask how the universities stand towards IB or if anybody who did IB is on a german uni...
    I'd assume they just convert your final IB score to an Abitur grade and will treat you like any other Abiturient.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.