Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi,
Do me and my mum never get on, we always fight and we never get anywhere. She is never happy because she is always wanting her way and will never compromise. She hates my boyfriend and my friends and im really fed up. She can get aggressive with me too and has done that several times.
Today has took me over the edge because tonight i went to see my boyfriend and she only let me see him till 9pm keep in mind i am 17 and i should be able to be out more because i never am. But i have not realised the time seen as me and my boyfriend was watching a film and my phone was on silent So when i was home i got shouted out by muy mum and dad because apparently i am lying and now im not allowed to see my boyfriend at all.my mum hurt me when i was trying to go to the toilet and its got to the point that i dont want to live here anymore and just live with my boyfriend. What do i do?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
"I don't want to live here anymore and just want to live with my boyfriend."
Do NOT do this. Whether you're 17 or 21, it's never a good idea to move in with a bf/gf if you've only been together a short time. I'm assuming it's been less than a year.

As far as the timings and actually moving out, if you're able to find a job maybe you can rent a room somewhere, but first thing is to see if you can work things out with the parents regardless.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
"I don't want to live here anymore and just want to live with my boyfriend."
Do NOT do this. Whether you're 17 or 21, it's never a good idea to move in with a bf/gf if you've only been together a short time. I'm assuming it's been less than a year.

As far as the timings and actually moving out, if you're able to find a job maybe you can rent a room somewhere, but first thing is to see if you can work things out with the parents regardless.
i dont think i can its gone on for over all my life and i am never good enough for them
Adam :))
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi,
Do me and my mum never get on, we always fight and we never get anywhere. She is never happy because she is always wanting her way and will never compromise. She hates my boyfriend and my friends and im really fed up. She can get aggressive with me too and has done that several times.
Today has took me over the edge because tonight i went to see my boyfriend and she only let me see him till 9pm keep in mind i am 17 and i should be able to be out more because i never am. But i have not realised the time seen as me and my boyfriend was watching a film and my phone was on silent So when i was home i got shouted out by muy mum and dad because apparently i am lying and now im not allowed to see my boyfriend at all.my mum hurt me when i was trying to go to the toilet and its got to the point that i dont want to live here anymore and just live with my boyfriend. What do i do?
Have you tried to sit down with her and speak to her? Usually when these sorts of things happen there's a lack of communication and understanding. Think about why she's being so strict and address it with her, maybe she doesn't want you going out loads because she wants you to be safe. She could also be upset because she thinks that your boyfriend and your mates are bad for your well-being

If your Dad is calmer than your Mum, you could try speaking to him about it and ask him to help you with this

Let your Mum know that she's hurting you and you want to stop fighting with her
Last edited by Adam :)); 5 months ago
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is perfectly reasonable that your mum doesnt want you staying out past 9 with your boyfriend when your living in her house.
Them telling you that you cannot go out to see him now makes sense too. You didnt listen to them, so you have consequences. They were probably worried sick about you.

You said that your mum hurt you? Might I ask what happened or what she did?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Adam :)))
That sounds really hard I'm sorry

Have you tried to sit down with her and speak to her? Usually when these sorts of things happen there's a lack of communication and understanding. Think about why she's being so strict and address it with her, maybe she doesn't want you going out loads because she wants you to be safe. She could also be upset because she thinks that your boyfriend and your mates are bad for your well-being

If your Dad is calmer than your Mum, you could try speaking to him about it and ask him to help you with this

Let your Mum know that she's hurting you and you want to stop fighting with her
i try to speak but all she says is im lying or something like that
Adam :))
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i try to speak but all she says is im lying or something like that
Have you lied to her in the past? What sorts of things are you saying that she doesn't believe?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Adam :)))
Have you lied to her in the past? What sorts of things are you saying that she doesn't believe?
no not usually
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
hi,
Definitely do not live with your boyfriend, what you are currently going through is very normal for a 17 year old, parents are made to be overprotective and all, you just gotta give them more reason to trust you, show them you can take care of yourself, if they feel you can handle yourself and make right decisions, they’ll take a step back, it’s all about trust.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.01%
No I am happy with my choice (61)
54.95%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads