maisiex10x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, Was just wondering the amount of school work/revision that Yr 12s (new year 13s) are doing this summer. Yr 13s do you have any advice of how much I do? My school made us do our mocks in June and I got ABB (almost AAB, missed an A by 2 marks) In an ideal world I'd get AAB at the end of next year however the DREAM is to get an A* in Music A-level, how do I get there?
hope1279
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you can make all revision materials for the year you've done like flash cards, mind maps, etc, it makes it easier to start proper revision after Christmas. If you want A*s it's probably best to start revision and practice questions now though. If you leave it later it might be more difficult to jump a grade or two as you have to learn new content and do practice questions for them at the same time.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
start doing some revision and complete notes for content you've covered in year 12, don't overdo it though as you don't want to burn yourself out before year 13 starts. a lot of people's grades will change between year 12 and year 13 so just make sure you're working hard and revising smartly/effectively.
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As the above have said is what you should/could be doing.

I am in year 12 and I am doing 2 hours each week per subject (I do 4 subjects) just to keep my brain working but also to enjoy summer.
justjas33
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some ppl may not agree but relaxing over the summer does just as well for your grades as revising does - obvs don’t do nothing but don’t beat yourself up for not doing loads....but in the end only you know your ability and what you want to achieve.
Around 2 hours every day or every other day for each subject is working for me, but I’m keeping my brain busy with online courses and reading as well
maisiex10x
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by hope1279)
If you can make all revision materials for the year you've done like flash cards, mind maps, etc, it makes it easier to start proper revision after Christmas. If you want A*s it's probably best to start revision and practice questions now though. If you leave it later it might be more difficult to jump a grade or two as you have to learn new content and do practice questions for them at the same time.
I have full revision notes/flashcards for 2 of my subjects, but not Psychology at all so need to create this!! Thanks for the advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.76%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
18.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (18)
13.53%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.05%

Watched Threads