The Student Room Group

Foundation year at a prestigious university worthwhile

Am kinda having a doubt as to whether I should go to a top university and study foundation year then progress onto BA degree; or go to a less prestigious university and study BA degree without a foundation year. I have this burning desire of getting 1st class hence why I don't want to make a mistake by jumping straight onto BA degree. Plus I believe that getting a degree from a top university is worthwhile. What are your thoughts on this matter?
Original post by gucciclara
Am kinda having a doubt as to whether I should go to a top university and study foundation year then progress onto BA degree; or go to a less prestigious university and study BA degree without a foundation year. I have this burning desire of getting 1st class hence why I don't want to make a mistake by jumping straight onto BA degree. Plus I believe that getting a degree from a top university is worthwhile. What are your thoughts on this matter?

Hard to say without knowing more.
Your current grades and why they stop you from direct entry.
Subject?
Unis?
What are your future aspirations?
Why do you think you are capable of a first class?
Original post by gucciclara

Do you like the prestigious uni or les prestigious uni more and what about the surrounding area it’s important because you’ll be there for 3-4 years .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending