Rules on Coronavirus

Watch
Paige26xx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Right I understand some of it but I live with 4 other people and choosing a household to mix with is hard. Like can we make contact with one household yeah? Do we all need to agree or can it be one each? If you understand? I’ve chose my friend as it was my 18th yesterday so wanted a nice relaxed drink and I know it’ll be hard to social distance anyway at a bar. My family want other people.
gingerbread10000
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Paige26xx)
Right I understand some of it but I live with 4 other people and choosing a household to mix with is hard. Like can we make contact with one household yeah? Do we all need to agree or can it be one each? If you understand? I’ve chose my friend as it was my 18th yesterday so wanted a nice relaxed drink and I know it’ll be hard to social distance anyway at a bar. My family want other people.
There are two parts to the new rules (for England) as of 4th July:

Other household rule: You may meet with one other household at any one time, regardless of your household's size or the other household's size. They may enter the house and stay overnight, but preferably keep your distance if possible. This can be with different households (it doesn't always need to be the same two households), however only 2 households at a time. So for example if your household (or just a few people in your household) went to a family friend's house, and even stayed overnight, that is fine however an additional household may not join. However, once you have left, your family friend could have a different household come over.

'Groups of 6 rule': You can meet in groups of up to 6, regardless of how many households, in your garden or other outside spaces. They may use your toilet/handwashing facilities, however preferably if you are not from the same household you should keep your distance as well.

Remember that the distance is 1m+, but preferably 2m if possible.

The BBC have some articles on this as well which are really clear, and make sure you check there for changes.

Hope that helps!
Paige26xx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by gingerbread10000)
There are two parts to the new rules (for England) as of 4th July:

Other household rule: You may meet with one other household at any one time, regardless of your household's size or the other household's size. They may enter the house and stay overnight, but preferably keep your distance if possible. This can be with different households (it doesn't always need to be the same two households), however only 2 households at a time. So for example if your household (or just a few people in your household) went to a family friend's house, and even stayed overnight, that is fine however an additional household may not join. However, once you have left, your family friend could have a different household come over.

'Groups of 6 rule': You can meet in groups of up to 6, regardless of how many households, in your garden or other outside spaces. They may use your toilet/handwashing facilities, however preferably if you are not from the same household you should keep your distance as well.

Remember that the distance is 1m+, but preferably 2m if possible.

The BBC have some articles on this as well which are really clear, and make sure you check there for changes.

Hope that helps!
This has cleared it up - thank you! It’s just I went out with my friend last night for some drinks and I found it difficult to maintain a distance so I’m worrying now. I know it’s not always possible but the lay out was bad at the bar. I’m baffled from it all but it is clearer now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (56)
25.93%
Less motivated (160)
74.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed