The Student Room Group

BTEC Results Day 2020: Chat Thread!

BTEC Results Day 2020: Chat Thread :woo:

In the countdown to Results Day let's get to know everyone - and what better way than a Chat Thread! Talk about anything BTEC; your hopes/fears, any questions before the big day, and more importantly - try to relax. This post will be updated regularly with advice and FAQs to support you but for now, feel free to introduce yourselves :yep:

Introduce yourself
1. Level of study?
2. Course/subject?

Next Steps:
3. What are your plans once you get your results? (Next level, apprenticeship, university etc.)

If you're planning on going to university:
4. What university is your firm/insurance?
5. Which subject?
6. What grades are required?
7. Going to uni this year or taking a gap year?

General:
8. What grades are you predicted?
9. How are you feeling about results day?
10. Anything else to add?

Useful Info and FAQs
If there's anything in particular that you would like to see included here, let us know and we'll add it in!

The Essential Guide to BTEC Results

Headstart on Clearing - A Guide for BTEC Students

UCAS Track on Results Day 2020
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

1. Im doing a L3 BTEC extended dip.
2. Construction and the built Environment
3. Go to uni
4. BCU is my Firm and Sheffield Hallam is insurance
5. Bsc Building Surveying
6. DMM
7. This year!
8. Not too sure but think im predicted DDM
9. Nervous, uncertain, worried and unpredictable
Original post by Lshort17
3. Go to uni
6. DMM
7. This year!

Hey! Good luck!

How are you keeping occupied in the run up to results? :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Hey! Good luck!

How are you keeping occupied in the run up to results? :smile:

Thankyou!

I have a seasonal farm job however it doesnt help as i have lots of time to think and dwell on it as its boring and monotonous haha!

Are you doing BTECs?
3. Go to uni
6. DMM
7. This year!

Hi @Lshort17,

Good luck with your results! Let me know if you have any questions about studying at Hallam or student life in Sheffield! :smile:

- Ella
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @Lshort17,

Good luck with your results! Let me know if you have any questions about studying at Hallam or student life in Sheffield! :smile:

- Ella

Thankyou!
Thankyou!

I have a seasonal farm job however it doesnt help as i have lots of time to think and dwell on it as its boring and monotonous haha!

Are you doing BTECs?

Glad to hear you're trying to keep busy - even if the mind does wander! How often do you work at the farm? :smile:

I'm waiting on results for a BTEC Level 4 HNC in Engineering. I did a Level 3 before that - but both were/are as part of an apprenticeship :h:
Glad to hear you're trying to keep busy - even if the mind does wander! How often do you work at the farm? :smile:

I'm waiting on results for a BTEC Level 4 HNC in Engineering. I did a Level 3 before that - but both were/are as part of an apprenticeship :h:

Oh nice, good luck to you! Do you have any plans after?

I work just during the summer normally between mid-June to mid August. Think i will be done Monday though! Oh nice how did the apprenticeship go?
Reply 8
Hi I'm Lucy, Level 3 Music Performance Student at Confetti and going to NTU in September with my unconditional offer for BA Music Performance. I'm hoping to get D*D*D* next week when I get my results. A bit nervous of how BTEC will mark my grades after looking at todays SQA's results but hopefully should be okay!
Original post by ljcrisp
Hi I'm Lucy, Level 3 Music Performance Student at Confetti and going to NTU in September with my unconditional offer for BA Music Performance. I'm hoping to get D*D*D* next week when I get my results. A bit nervous of how BTEC will mark my grades after looking at todays SQA's results but hopefully should be okay!

Good luck! Hope it goes okay!
Good luck! Hope it goes okay!

Thank youuu!!!
Currently in Year 12

1. Level 3 National Extended Diploma
2. Health & Social Care
3. University
4. City, University of London
5. Criminology and Psychology
6. DDD
7. Going to Uni after finishing Uni
8. My prediction is D*D*D*
9. Okay
10. How many grades would i get this year?
Oh nice, good luck to you! Do you have any plans after?

I work just during the summer normally between mid-June to mid August. Think i will be done Monday though! Oh nice how did the apprenticeship go?

Thank you very much! :smile:

How did it go on Monday - are you still working?

My apprenticeship went really well and considering I was so unsure about it being the right decision when I left school, I'm so glad I opted for it. I've stayed on with the company so I'm in a pretty fortunate position as I don't have to rely on the grade to continue with anything (if that makes sense!).
Original post by ljcrisp

Hi Lucy! Good luck with your results :smile:

Are you managing to keep busy whilst you're waiting?

Original post by Keri00Summers
Currently in Year 12

1. Level 3 National Extended Diploma
2. Health & Social Care
3. University
4. City, University of London
5. Criminology and Psychology
6. DDD
7. Going to Uni after finishing Uni
8. My prediction is D*D*D*
9. Okay
10. How many grades would i get this year?

Hey, good luck! I'm not entirely sure what you're asking in number 10 - could you explain it a bit more? :beard:

Hey, good luck! I'm not entirely sure what you're asking in number 10 - could you explain it a bit more? :beard:

would i get a double grade or a triple grade?
i still don't understand the process
Thank you very much! :smile:

How did it go on Monday - are you still working?

My apprenticeship went really well and considering I was so unsure about it being the right decision when I left school, I'm so glad I opted for it. I've stayed on with the company so I'm in a pretty fortunate position as I don't have to rely on the grade to continue with anything (if that makes sense!).

No problem!

I didn’t finish Monday but thankfully i did today so i have the summer to myself haha!! Yay!!! I don’t know if thats a good thing as i now have no idea what to do haha!

Oh good!! Yes sometimes thats the best route as it can open so many doors and you may end up with a job at the end of it which you did!

I am indeed, been writing new songs ready for release!

Ah I see! As you're doing an Extended Diploma you'll be awarded a triple grade :smile:
Ah I see! As you're doing an Extended Diploma you'll be awarded a triple grade :smile:

for this year?

In my first year i got a single grade as they split the course up so i had a foundation dip. Out of it so if i decided to scrap the second year i would still end up with a grade. Then you will get an overall grade next year.

However this might be different for different colleges
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest