Which sixth form best for a levels. Lae, bramton manor or ICHS

Watch
Shoaib1234
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have been deciding on which sixth form to choose between these three might not get accpeted into lae but which one is better between them and can anyone please tell me what exam board does each of them offfer for science and maths
Thank you.
thegeek888
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Shoaib1234)
I have been deciding on which sixth form to choose between these three might not get accpeted into lae but which one is better between them and can anyone please tell me what exam board does each of them offfer for science and maths
Thank you.
LAE syllabuses: https://www.lae.ac.uk/213/our-curriculum

Ilford County destinations: https://2a41c392-6d72-4ca5-9af6-bfef...863ab187b9.pdf

Ilford County Subjects at A-Level: https://2a41c392-6d72-4ca5-9af6-bfef...5b6a7f01cd.pdf

Brampton Manor: https://www.bramptonmanor.org/docs/B...nuary_2020.pdf

Brampton Manor subjects: https://www.bramptonmanor.org/Subjects-Offered/

Brampton Manor is better than Ilford County and LAE. Because they had 50 Oxbridge offers this year. My cousin went to Ilford County and got A*A*Ba in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and AS Economics but UCL still took him for Economics. Although standards have declined since the last 20 to 30 years. Not as many Oxbridge or LSE applicants nowdays.

Brampton Manor was attended by another cousin from Forest Gate and he scored A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths and Economics and went to Cambridge University to study Economics.

If I was you I would not worry too much about LAE. But try to get into Brampton Manor ideally or Ilford County.

They all do Edexcel Maths and Edexcel Further Maths and OCR and/or Biology and Chemistry.
Last edited by thegeek888; 4 months ago
cryokinetic
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank you.
Name:  A42FCDF8-9747-4FDB-AF5C-BAA70936AC69.png
Views: 73
Size:  167.0 KB If your goal is to do the best you can in your a levels as opposed to just getting an offer for Oxbridge then I’d recommend lae. If you’re focused on just getting a offer for Oxbridge but not necessarily meeting the offer, go for Brampton. Idk much about ilford county
yas.5
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thank you.
I go BMA myself and I can tell you that there is a lot of pressure on you from the teachers, the governing body and it is overall very strict. I heard my friends comparing the sixth form to a prison. Despite this being my personal experience( i have heard of people loving the sixth form) I think many people have the same experience as me. In terms of grades and uni progression, I believe both sixth forms are either equal or Brampton being slightly better. Most students are expected to perform well and there is an expectation of applying to competitive Russell Group unis. There is a group of people that are specifically allocated to help for university application ( with personal statement and etc.) and they are really useful as they can really help you to make a competitive application and make sure you chose the best uni for your course. I am not too sure for LAE but I assume they have something similar and in terms of uni progression they are really similar, with BMA having a slight edge in terms of Oxbridge offer holders ( this year 51 people got an offer), if that is something you care about.
I do maths bio and chem and at BMA the exam board for the sciences is AQA and for Maths and Further maths is Edexcel. For LAe you can easily find the exam boards for the various subjects on their website.
Overall I heard that there is a bit more pressure at BMA than LAE ( there's still an expectation at LAE to perform well due to its nature of being a selective sixth form) and it ultimately comes down to as to whether you think a little bit extra pressure and expectation at BMA is worth it, thinking that this might get you a place at the top universities.
I have friends at LAE and i could ask them any questions if you want, and do you want to know anything else about BMA?
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by cryokinetic)
Name:  A42FCDF8-9747-4FDB-AF5C-BAA70936AC69.png
Views: 73
Size:  167.0 KB If your goal is to do the best you can in your a levels as opposed to just getting an offer for Oxbridge then I’d recommend lae. If you’re focused on just getting a offer for Oxbridge but not necessarily meeting the offer, go for Brampton. Idk much about ilford county
Wow. Neat. Admittedly, I'm trying to find a similar comparison thing for Scottish schools and am failing miserably... Could you lend me a hand?
cryokinetic
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, here's the website I used: https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/
blueclouds2021
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Definitely go for Brampton it’s one of the best sixth forms in London !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (563)
34.14%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (679)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.13%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.55%

Watched Threads