blobfish123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
hi guys i'm struggling on how to revise for history and geo. do you know of any good youtube channels or websites which would help? also im going into yr 11 in september and quite a few of my freinds r revisiing already, should i be too? anyone whos done that, was it a good idea?xx
Last edited by blobfish123; 3 months ago
rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
bbc bitesize
seneca
blobfish123
Rep:
?
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
bbc bitesize
seneca
thank yu, i use them but they dont rly give that much info and r quite basic.
rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by blobfish123)
thank yu, i use them but they dont rly give that much info and r quite basic.
oh
bbc bitesize helped me a lot for history
have you got the cgp books?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Do you have any resources given to you by the school or a revision guide? You dont need to but it is a good idea to do so
blobfish123
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Do you have any resources given to you by the school or a revision guide? You dont need to but it is a good idea to do so
hmm not rly and also my textbook is at school
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hmm not rly and also my textbook is at school
I defo recommend relying on the textbook but dont worry about detail because you dont need it for gcse as much as a level. Knowing the events and consequences to those events is pretty much all you need. BBC bitesize is good but if you want more understanding, watch youtube videos or documentaries as they are good visualization for what happened. You can try this: https://www.teachithistory.co.uk/ks4

TES has some good gcse resources and GetRevising has some good student notes. I would give you resources but it's very detailed and heavy content since I use more resources for A levels.
neko no basu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hi guys i'm struggling on how to revise for history and geo. do you know of any good youtube channels or websites which would help? also im going into yr 11 in september and quite a few of my freinds r revisiing already, should i be too? anyone whos done that, was it a good idea?xx
have you done any practice papers? They're a great help
username2244141
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey, I'm volunteering as a History tutor so I can help you if you want! My friend and I are also creating a History youtube channel so if there's anything in particular you want to see we'd be happy to put it in
blobfish123
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
I defo recommend relying on the textbook but dont worry about detail because you dont need it for gcse as much as a level. Knowing the events and consequences to those events is pretty much all you need. BBC bitesize is good but if you want more understanding, watch youtube videos or documentaries as they are good visualization for what happened. You can try this: https://www.teachithistory.co.uk/ks4

TES has some good gcse resources and GetRevising has some good student notes. I would give you resources but it's very detailed and heavy content since I use more resources for A levels.
thanks so much will defo check out!
blobfish123
Rep:
?
(Original post by neko no basu)
have you done any practice papers? They're a great help
ty, yh i have done quite a few but the mark schemes rly don't say anything useful tbh
blobfish123
Rep:
?
(Original post by MartinisSkip)
Hey, I'm volunteering as a History tutor so I can help you if you want! My friend and I are also creating a History youtube channel so if there's anything in particular you want to see we'd be happy to put it in
ahh thanks! i'd love to know the name of the yt channel once its created, if you could do like nazi germany or russia that would be so great!
username2244141
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
ahh thanks! i'd love to know the name of the yt channel once its created, if you could do like nazi germany or russia that would be so great!
Sounds good! We're doing Medicine Through Time first, but we can definitely follow up with those Which exam board are you doing, just so we get the right details?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads