Watch
LiberOfLondon
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
Great time to be a racist black person though, or a black supremacist..
Case in point: Nick ”non-melanated savages from the Nordic mountains” Cannon. The irony of it is if you replace ”crackers” with ”[word filtered by TSR]s” you'd end up with a rant that wouldn't be out of place on Stormfront or at a Ku Klux Klan meeting, especially given that he managed to add some anti-Semitism into his screed at the same time.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
If I had my way we wouldn't have trigger warnings on TSR. Unfortunately they not only exist but get misused hilariously.
A sad sign of the times. How will this generation cope with the real grown-up world when/if they get thrust into it?
LiberOfLondon
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ascend)
A sad sign of the times. How will this generation cope with the real grown-up world when/if they get thrust into it?
Oi! I'm a zoomer and we're not all pompous lefties with our heads up our own arses. I don't watch Tiktok either and I don't think that being the town bicycle sex positive is a good thing or that we should tear down scary statues.

Have some hope. After all, 18 year olds are as conservative as 40 year olds and free speech societies are doing well at unis - there's even one at SOAS.
Truths
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don’t understand why white people want to be oppressed so bad. Pretending to feel so hurt by some unflattering language after enforcing a white supremacist system globally for centuries on end, continuing to benefit from it and doing nothing to dismantle it. Whew, imagine if they ever experienced actual racism, I’m sure they would combust from the inside xD.
Last edited by Truths; 2 weeks ago
LiberOfLondon
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Truths)
I don’t understand why white people want to be oppressed so bad.
I don't want to be oppressed, I want people to stop being racist against whites.
Pretending to feel so hurt by some unflattering language
Would you have a problem if I called you a n****r? After all, it's just ”some unflattering language”.
after enforcing a white supremacist system globally for centuries on end,
Implying that all whites have enforced white supremacy globally is stereotyping a whole race based on its worst members, which is racist.
continuing to benefit from it
How do I benefit from, say, the KKK or Tommy Robinson existing? Not to mention that many Italians, Irish, Ashkenazi Jews, Poles and Finns were discriminated against in America for reasons of race, despite being white.
and doing nothing to dismantle it.
William Wilberforce, Harold Wilson, Ulysses S. Grant, Sherman and many more whites who fought against racism would like a word.
Whew, imagine if they ever experienced actual racism, I’m sure they would combust from the inside xD.
I'm white. I have been excluded from events at my school because I'm white. There are jobs and scholarships I cannot apply for because I'm white. I'm told that I have to answer for the sins of my ancestors purely because I'm white, and people routinely conflate ”whiteness” with evil and slavery. What part of that is not actual racism?
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
I don't want to be oppressed, I want people to stop being racist against whites.

Would you have a problem if I called you a n****r? After all, it's just ”some unflattering language”.

Implying that all whites have enforced white supremacy globally is stereotyping a whole race based on its worst members, which is racist.

How do I benefit from, say, the KKK or Tommy Robinson existing? Not to mention that many Italians, Irish, Ashkenazi Jews, Poles and Finns were discriminated against in America for reasons of race, despite being white.

William Wilberforce, Harold Wilson, Ulysses S. Grant, Sherman and many more whites who fought against racism would like a word.

I'm white. I have been excluded from events at my school because I'm white. There are jobs and scholarships I cannot apply for because I'm white. I'm told that I have to answer for the sins of my ancestors purely because I'm white, and people routinely conflate ”whiteness” with evil and slavery. What part of that is not actual racism?
prsom
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (53)
40.46%
Take autumn exams (49)
37.4%
Look for a job (3)
2.29%
Consider an apprenticeship (3)
2.29%
Take a year out (15)
11.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
6.11%

Watched Threads