kila.1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hi everyone, i'm currently thinking of starting to prepare to retake some gcses as i'm sure i could've done better in the exams. Does anyone have any tips for computer science (AQA), spanish higher(AQA), english language(AQA) and maths (edexcel)?
any tips on learning pseudocode will be greatly appreciated
thanks!
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The re-sits will be in November. I'd wait to see your results in August before deciding to re-sit and then only re-sit stuff if you feel you absolutely must.
kila.1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Compost)
The re-sits will be in November. I'd wait to see your results in August before deciding to re-sit and then only re-sit stuff if you feel you absolutely must.
i'm pretty sure i'll have to resit computer science since last year everyone failed (got 4's and 3's) as they didn't have a teacher so our grades will be contextualised (in the sense that if everyone got those grades last year they won't give 7's and above). i'd rather start revising now so i'm more prepared.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
best way to revise for english lang is practice papers in timed conditions and brief notes on the questions so you understand them
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
For spanish, I dont think they will be able to do the speaking part so focus on what you are weak at: is it reading, listening or writing?

For maths, the best way to revise is doing questions and practice papers and if you got questions wrong, you need to see what you did wrong - if you dont understand why, ask someone on here for some help because I dont think teachers will be available fast enough
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
best way to revise for english lang is practice papers in timed conditions and brief notes on the questions so you understand them
PRSOM
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (46)
31.29%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.93%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (30)
20.41%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.52%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
25.85%

Watched Threads