The Student Room Group

A level results day 2020 "I am nervous" official thread

heyy so I basically set this up cause I am feeling SUPER nervous about A level results day and I thought that we as TSR-ians need to be there for each other and support each other.

We are probably the only students in history who are getting A level grades without sitting actual exams and with standardisation and everything... things are very uncertain and it is so confusing and frustrating.

So just DM people on this thread to support them or to ask for support during these difficult days.

So...

What A levels did you "sit"?
What are you expecting?
What do you need?
And which Uni have you firmed?

And most importantly.. why are you nervous and what are you nervous about?

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bored_user:)
heyy so I basically set this up cause I am feeling SUPER nervous about A level results day and I thought that we as TSR-ians need to be there for each other and support each other.

We are probably the only students in history who are getting A level grades without sitting actual exams and with standardisation and everything... things are very uncertain and it is so confusing and frustrating.

So just DM people on this thread to support them or to ask for support during these difficult days.

So...

What are you expecting?
What do you need?

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!

I did Biology, French and Geography
I´m thinking I´ll most likely get CAA - hopefully
For my course I need BC - I sat my Spanish a year early and got a B so I think that's why they´re only asking for 2 this year.
I´ve firmed Uni of Stirling but am hoping to transfer to a different course within the university

I´m nervous mostly for my Biology grade... And also to see if I´ll be able to change course

Good luck!
Is it compulsory for teachers to give you a grade for each subject?? If they don’t can I appeal?
Original post by niamh2104
For my course I need BC - I sat my Spanish a year early and got a B so I think that's why they´re only asking for 2 this year.
I´ve firmed Uni of Stirling but am hoping to transfer to a different course within the university

I´m nervous mostly for my Biology grade... And also to see if I´ll be able to change course

Good luck!

Woww omg that seems difficult mate! If you need support we are here for you! Good luck!!
Original post by Sweet Heart bab
Is it compulsory for teachers to give you a grade for each subject?? If they don’t can I appeal?

well they dont need to if they dont have evidence but if you go to a school I dont see why they wont give you a grade.

This year you cannot appeal your grade. Only your teachers can sorry
I sat for "English language" international a levels And I think I am getting a D bc honestly speaking ,English isn't my cup of tea and I will most probably give general paper but English is compulsory in my school so I had to sit for one EL paper
Original post by bakeshenanigans
I sat for "English language" international a levels And I think I am getting a D bc honestly speaking ,English isn't my cup of tea and I will most probably give general paper but English is compulsory in my school so I had to sit for one EL paper

Oh wow I am sorry to hear that.. what do you need to go to uni?
Sociology , Philosophy & Ethics, Home Lang (Urdu), EPQ

What are you expecting?
ABCB

What do you need?
BBBB

Royal Holloway

Because I may not get into my firm. Although trying to be flexible and preparing myself to be okay with going to study at my insurance.
Nervous about how standardisation is going to affect things and that I may not get a grade for my language a level bc of a lack of help and not get a decent EPQ grade bc we weren’t able to finish off our projects.

RESULTS DAY UPDATE:
ABBB
(Sociology, Philosophy, EPQ, Urdu)

GOT IN TO MY FIRMMMMM
TO DO
BSc Social Science at Royal Holloway!
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm expecting A*A*A in English Literature, History and Sociology. I need AAB for Edinburgh.
Reply 9
Chemistry, Biology, Psychology

What are you expecting?
A*AB

What do you need?
ABB

Lancaster University

Why are you nervous and what are you nervous about?
Not getting into uni, I only wanna go to my firm choice
Original post by BubblyNotes

What are you expecting?
ABCB

What do you need?
BBBB

Royal Holloway

Because I may not get into my firm. Although trying to be flexible and preparing myself to be okay with going to study at my insurance.
Nervous about how standardisation is going to affect things and that I may not get a grade for my language a level bc of a lack of help and not get a decent EPQ grade bc we weren’t able to finish off our projects.

How is your teacher going to give you a grade in your home language??
Original post by BubblyNotes

What are you expecting?
ABCB

What do you need?
BBBB

Royal Holloway

Oh wow mate that seems tough! You must be from Pakistan btw! Good luck!!
Original post by JockstrapAttack
I'm expecting A*A*A in English Literature, History and Sociology. I need AAB for Edinburgh.

Ahhh I see... good luck mate! Well done on the predictions tho!
Original post by emmaj25

What are you expecting?
A*AB

What do you need?
ABB

Lancaster University

hahha same fear lol. I could never imagine going to any other uni than my firm. I am in love with my firm choice tbh now lol
Lemme have a go lol

1. What A levels did you "sit"?

Maths, Physics and Economics

2. What are you expecting?

I got A*AA in my mocks and was predicted A*A*A initially. But I am hoping for at least AAA or AAB but could expect lower with everything going on now!

3. What do you need?

AAB

4. And which Uni have you firmed?

KCL

5. And most importantly why are you nervous and what are you nervous about?

I am nervous about having to reapply to uni when competition is going to increase for places with the number of deferrals. I am afraid about going into clearing which just seems scary and daunting.
Original post by emmaj25

What are you expecting?
A*AB

What do you need?
ABB

Lancaster University

My daughters picked Lancaster, fingers crossed for you and to everyone else on TSR awaiting results :smile:
Original post by niamh2104

Good luck!

Hey - just wondering how you found taking Spanish early? I’m thinking of taking it early next year
I’m scared
What alevels did you sit?
- Graphic communication and photography

What are you expecting?
- honestly I’m not sure, maybe an A or B in photography but graphics could be anywhere from a B to a D because of the circumstances :frown:

What do you need?
- A*A

Which uni have you firmed?
- De Montfort

Why are you nervous?
- I really want to get into my firm choice as it was my number one from the moment I applied. I think they could accept me with AB but I’m not sure if I’m going to get that because of Covid etc.
What A levels did you "sit"? Further maths and history (did regular maths last year)
What are you expecting? A*A* / A*A
What do you need? A*A (with the A* in FM)
And which Uni have you firmed? Durham

And most importantly.. why are you nervous and what are you nervous about? I'm not necessarily nervous about results day (my teachers have kind of told me what they'll give me), but I'm more concerned about whether I've chosen the right degree...

Quick Reply