Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How often are your friends or partners allowed to come and visit or stay over because my friends are like their want come sleep over one and vice versa.

Do you really have to let the hall manger know every time that they're going to come?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, i went to stay with my boyfriend in jellicoe (glen eyre) quite alot (like ever 3-4 weeks for a weekend) and even stayed there for entire half terms and noone had a problem with it, as long as your flatmates dont mind.

You dont need to tell anyone like a halls manager, well you are probably meant to be noone does....

ReputationRep:
    At my last uni UEA you were meant to inform the halls manager/accomodation people, and pay a small fee.. no one ever did and no one ever had a problem with it as long as ur flat mates were fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's really good I just didn't want to get in trouble for my boyfriend being over there often

But now I'm not so worried, just as long as I don't get in trouble

ReputationRep:
    It never seems to be a problem, one my friend in wessex had her boyfriend over hers pretty much every week and it was never an issue, as long as your flatmates are cool with it.

ReputationRep:
    Yh I thought the uni wouldn't be extremely strict on things like that & it's good to know that my people are allowed to visit

ReputationRep:
    if your boyfriend visits you are they allowed to use the uni facilities like bars and things or do you always need a student card to use them. I know if you are at another uni you can use other unis facilities but my boyfriend isn't at any uni so is he not allowed to?

ReputationRep:
    At the union, you can sign up to 2 non-uni people in, so it won't be a problem I think!

ReputationRep:
    yay thats great thank you! one less thing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    a guy in my flat had his girlfriend living in with him!!! Although he didnt ask if we minded and to be honestit was a bit crowded with her as a permanent resident!! lol! Noone checks on up btw!

ReputationRep:
    Rah thats extreme (living with him)..It would be nice if my bf could come stay but im twinned it sucks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2008
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.