niamh2104
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I have an offer that I've firmed for applied bio at the University of Stirling in Scotland, however I've since decided that I'd rather do a different course - they have a geography course that's caught my eye. I'm an EU student and the course isn´t listed on clearing there, but there do seem to be vacancies as I´ve searched on clearing for students living in england for example, and the course shows up, which is somewhat encouraging. I'm going to try and apply for the geography course through adjustment on results day as I'm hoping to do better than the conditions on my current offer. However if this doesn´t work out I'd hope to be able to transfer once I get there. Has anyone had a similar experience at Stirling or any other uni, or could offer me some advice?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by niamh2104)
I have an offer that I've firmed for applied bio at the University of Stirling in Scotland, however I've since decided that I'd rather do a different course - they have a geography course that's caught my eye. I'm an EU student and the course isn´t listed on clearing there, but there do seem to be vacancies as I´ve searched on clearing for students living in england for example, and the course shows up, which is somewhat encouraging. I'm going to try and apply for the geography course through adjustment on results day as I'm hoping to do better than the conditions on my current offer. However if this doesn´t work out I'd hope to be able to transfer once I get there. Has anyone had a similar experience at Stirling or any other uni, or could offer me some advice?
This is very much something that's done on a uni by uni basis and often on an individual basis.

You could try posting in university of stirling for experiences, but otherwise it's something you'll need to talk to the uni directly about. I'd do this before taking up your place, as you probably don't want to start a year on a course you'd be unhappy with if you're not able to transfer.

It's likely they'll process a transfer for you on results day without you officially needing to enter clearing if there are spaces on the course you want, even if you haven't exceeded your offer.
niamh2104
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
This is very much something that's done on a uni by uni basis and often on an individual basis.

You could try posting in university of stirling for experiences, but otherwise it's something you'll need to talk to the uni directly about. I'd do this before taking up your place, as you probably don't want to start a year on a course you'd be unhappy with if you're not able to transfer.

It's likely they'll process a transfer for you on results day without you officially needing to enter clearing if there are spaces on the course you want, even if you haven't exceeded your offer.
Thank you! I think I´ll get in touch with them then. And then if it doesn´t work that would give me time to apply via clearing or adjustment if need be, i guess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (35)
18.13%
No one else does (64)
33.16%
I'm embarrassed about my background (18)
9.33%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (66)
34.2%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.55%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.04%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.59%

Watched Threads