Airpods 2 or Airpods Pro

Watch
EliteBoy8
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Which one would you say is better and why?
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by EliteBoy8)
Pro, it has noise cancelling.
jackien1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
I wasn't expecting much of the ANC but it is actually amazing.
bluewolf21
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
AirPods Pro. They've got noise cancelling, and they look a touch more comfortable though I can't say whether that will translate into real life.
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
How are they for long usage?
2_versions
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Neither. Airpods suck sorry to break it to you. Their ANC isn't that good and can be found much better on Bose QC35ii or Sony WH-1000MX3's. Their sounds is also doo doo compared to... well hundreds of headphones and earphones on the market.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 2_versions)
Neither. Airpods suck sorry to break it to you. Their ANC isn't that good and can be found much better on Bose QC35ii or Sony WH-1000MX3's. Their sounds is also doo doo compared to... well hundreds of headphones and earphones on the market.
While I'm loath to defend the airpods, saying they're worse than full sized headphones is not really a fair comparison.
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2_versions)
I would get those. But the thing is I feel that those headphones will probably ruin my hair & in cold weather i feel like it might be a probably too.
Archetypally
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you specifically think noise cancelling will be helpful to you, or you struggle with the size of normal apple earphones, then I'd consider upgrading. Otherwise, stick to the earlier versions - longer battery life, almost half the price.
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
While I'm loath to defend the airpods, saying they're worse than full sized headphones is not really a fair comparison.
Which one would you recommend?
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
(Original post by Archetypally)
If you specifically think noise cancelling will be helpful to you, or you struggle with the size of normal apple earphones, then I'd consider upgrading. Otherwise, stick to the earlier versions - longer battery life, almost half the price.
I think that noise cancelling might be a cool feature to have, since as a student it will allow me to cut out the background noise. However, would you have experience in using AirPods Pro for prolonged periods? (like around 3-4hours, possibly even more depending on the amount of revision)
2_versions
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Gofre)
EliteBoy8 Well there's ever increasing wireless earbuds that compete with airpods too, the new sennheiser momentums, the jabra and more. Here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...ess_earphones/
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Which one would you recommend?
For the best overall TWS, Sony's WF1000 MX3 get my vote. Airpods Pro win if your main priority is seamless connectivity with an iPhone.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Both are extremely expensive by the way.
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
Both are extremely expensive by the way.
I have a gift card for John Lewis, worth £105, so the Airpods 2 are £25 extra and the pros will be £115.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have a gift card for John Lewis, worth £105, so the Airpods 2 are £25 extra and the pros will be £115.
John Lewis seems like the place to bump prices higher.
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
John Lewis seems like the place to bump prices higher.
I hope they don’t. I have heard a couple people say that they managed to get John Lewis to price match websites like Laptop Direct so the Airpods were priced at £200.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hope they don’t. I have heard a couple people say that they managed to get John Lewis to price match websites like Laptop Direct so the Airpods were priced at £200.
Maybe John Lewis are better now with prices.
irina091
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Airpods 2! The grip is much better than the Pro because it keeps slipping off (not because of earwax LOL), I just feel uncomfortable using it because of the rubber
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Airpods 2. I love the noise cancelling feature and they fit so much better in my ears. I use them for quite long periods of time. If they run of battery I shove them in the case for 15 mins and they're charged again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (29)
27.88%
Less motivated (75)
72.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed