Anonymous28033
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m doing gcse and I don’t like revising from STACKS of notes for a particular subject
So one of the teachers at my school sent me this:
Name:  647A99BC-1FC6-499E-9913-A1516143E5C3.jpg.jpeg
Views: 9
Size:  19.5 KB
Name:  71AAA16B-97D8-4077-8601-E7D014A8A3E4.jpg.jpeg
Views: 9
Size:  19.0 KB
Do you think these notes are effective for biology obviously there’s wayyy more but this is for only cell biology topic one.

emily.g34
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would say it depends what your going to do with the notes?? are you just gonna re read them every couple of days or are you gonna read them, highlight key parts and make your own mind map or make flashcards.
past papers are really good way of revising. I never did the whole note thing I looked at my books and then made flashcards. it worked for me

also charge that phone!!! let me know if you need any further tips and good luck
Anonymous28033
Rep:
?
(Original post by emily.g34)
I would say it depends what your going to do with the notes?? are you just gonna re read them every couple of days or are you gonna read them, highlight key parts and make your own mind map or make flashcards.
past papers are really good way of revising. I never did the whole note thing I looked at my books and then made flashcards. it worked for me

also charge that phone!!! let me know if you need any further tips and good luck
I’m just going to highlight it. it’s charging now haha🤣😅
Last edited by Anonymous28033; 2 weeks ago
emily.g34
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous28033)
I’m just going to highlight it 🤷*♀️ it’s charging now haha🤣😅
are you gonna learn from just highlighting notes I'm no expert but it doesn't really sound like the most preductive way to revise
Anonymous28033
Rep:
?
are you gonna learn from just highlighting notes I'm no expert but it doesn't really sound like the most preductive way to revise
I’ll also test myself using quizlet and spinning wheels that I can customise using science questions
emily.g34
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous28033)
I’ll also test myself using quizlet and spinning wheels that I can customise using science questions
that sounds like a great plan, I wish you look
Anonymous28033
Rep:
?
that sounds like a great plan, I wish you look
Tysm☺️
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
each individual will have different methods of effective revision. provided you're actively engaging with the sheet and not just reading and highlighting you should be fine.
Sophie_Robyn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As long as you take part in 'active' revision, it will help you, even if only slightly. I would also recommend the website 'physicsandmathstutor', despite the name, it has revision resources for many subjects for various exam boards. There are notes on there, I believe there to be videos and past papers and exam questions.
emily.g34
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maths made easy has exam questions for all the different science topics also i would recommend Seneca learning
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.22%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50.09%
I still don't know (97)
16.7%

Watched Threads