unsociablecat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've never been particularly good at essay writing (I'm quite slow), but is this something I can improve? I'm very interested in the content and I like keeping up with current affairs.
moso2203
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You can definitely improve once you learn the technique of essay writing and how to structure essays and your answers. Keeping up with current affairs is v. important so you are doing well there.
unsociablecat
Rep:
?
(Original post by moso2203)
You can definitely improve once you learn the technique of essay writing and how to structure essays and your answers. Keeping up with current affairs is v. important so you are doing well there.
Thanks. Could you just have a bank of essay plans to revise from? I find I can write much quicker when I have a plan
moso2203
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ryanfeltham)
Thanks. Could you just have a bank of essay plans to revise from? I find I can write much quicker when I have a plan
You will have a lot of essay writing and keeping them organised and together is good for when you need to revise, yeah. But revising from notes is also important in case there are points you missed in your essays or if an exam question won't be on an essay you already had
unsociablecat
Rep:
?
(Original post by moso2203)
You will have a lot of essay writing and keeping them organised and together is good for when you need to revise, yeah. But revising from notes is also important in case there are points you missed in your essays or if an exam question won't be on an essay you already had
I see, thanks for the advice!
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What would be the alternative A level you would take if you did not take A level politics?
unsociablecat
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
What would be the alternative A level you would take if you did not take A level politics?
Maybe Psychology or Sociology. I'm probably going to take Maths and Economics
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
All three involve essay writing don't they? I'm not sure what to advise then. Psychology is probably more valued post school I would think.
unsociablecat
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
All three involve essay writing don't they? I'm not sure what to advise then. Psychology is probably more valued post school I would think.
Yeah that's the problem with being interested in the humanities/social sciences but not being the best at writing. I could take sciences but I don't think I would enjoy it much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.54%
I'm not sure (16)
3.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (153)
33.7%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.76%
I'm not a current university student (211)
46.48%

Watched Threads