Really Worried Watch

Sail_Rugby_Boy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi all, I'm 22 and have joined the Univeristy of East Anglia in 2006, had a fantastic time and made lots of friends but absolutely hated my course, under recommendation I finished the year with a 2.1, requested to transfer. Uni declined and told me to finish my current course (Computer Science), I left.

Got a fantastic job working locally and now run the IT systems and all the web development for gamefacesports.

I've accepted a place through clearing at Southampton for a business based degree, I had offers elsewhere but I really wanted somewhere close to water and with a good rugby team, I love both rugby and sailing..

I've accepted the place at Solent based on them having an equal if not better rugby team than the 1XV at UEA, having fantastic sailing & yachting facilities and that they've offered me the course that I really want to do.

My worry is, I know nothing of the university life at Solent, when I was at the UEA, my immediate family lived within 40 minutes drive, subsequently I saw all my old friends and my Uni friends at the same time..

Does solent in general have a good crowd? A few questions if I can:

• Do you get all of Wednesday off for sport?
  • How much does it cost to join Rugby, Sailing or Snowboarding?
  • Do you have to pay Insurance fee to play Sport if so how much?
  • Whats the social side/night life like in Southampton & @ Solent?
  • Does the Uni have it's own bar? - What are the costs like?
  • At UEA pretty much everything was on campus, what are the facilities like at Solent?

I suppose i'm just worried as i'm leaving a comfort zone of some sort
CurlyBen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't answer most of those questions as I'm at Southampton rather than Solent, but there's plenty of sailing to get involved with round here. I've got a dinghy but at the moment I'm hardly sailing it, I've done lots of yacht racing out of the Hamble (private boats, but you'll find most boats sailing regularly from the Hamble will have a couple of students on board, and a fair few have at least half the crew as students). In my experience if that's what you're doing your main costs are getting to the Hamble and back - even then you might be able to get lifts.
abc's
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
ah man i race out of the hamble lots, the main reason i wanted to go to soton was for hamble hahahah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.83%
No (516)
72.17%

Watched Threads