The Student Room Group

CertHE do I have enough credits?

Hi!

I understand that a Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE) is awarded if you have 120 credits at level 4 (1st year Uni).

I currently have 90 credits at level 4 and 90 credits at level 5 (I was allowed to progress to second year of Uni whilst carrying a failed module from first year).

Do I qualify for a CertHE with 180 credits but across both level 4 and level 5? If not, do I qualify for any exit awards at all?

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Will190190
Hi!

I understand that a Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE) is awarded if you have 120 credits at level 4 (1st year Uni).

I currently have 90 credits at level 4 and 90 credits at level 5 (I was allowed to progress to second year of Uni whilst carrying a failed module from first year).

Do I qualify for a CertHE with 180 credits but across both level 4 and level 5? If not, do I qualify for any exit awards at all?

Thank you! :smile:

You'll probably need to discuss that with your university, as what they are willing to award you might differ from other institutions given your circumstances. They'll probably be able to work out the equivalent credits for you. You may even be eligible for a DipHE if you have passed second year.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
You'll probably need to discuss that with your university, as what they are willing to award you might differ from other institutions given your circumstances. They'll probably be able to work out the equivalent credits for you. You may even be eligible for a DipHE if you have passed second year.

Thanks for your reply!

I failed a second year module as well (hence the 90 credits in second year), however I did pass the year on average (average of the 4 modules). Would this make me eligible for DipHE? Or would that be another question for my uni to answer.

Original post by Will190190
Thanks for your reply!

I failed a second year module as well (hence the 90 credits in second year), however I did pass the year on average (average of the 4 modules). Would this make me eligible for DipHE? Or would that be another question for my uni to answer.

Again, your university will be able to tell you for definite, as whatever I say would be a guess. The number of credits versus passing the year may be the crux of the issue here, and what the university is willing to 'count'.
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Again, your university will be able to tell you for definite, as whatever I say would be a guess. The number of credits versus passing the year may be the crux of the issue here, and what the university is willing to 'count'.

Yeah I suppose that's my issue here! Whether the Uni counts the credits if I have passed each and every module, or whether the Uni counts it if I have passed the year on 'average'.

Thanks for your help anyway, I will email my Uni to confirm. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending