Turn on thread page Beta

Trod on an insect....do you feel guilty? watch

• View Poll Results: Stepped on an insect...
    Oh yeh, Feel guilty!
    51.15%
    Huh, what? I couldn't care less.
    48.85%

ReputationRep:
    Are you on of those people that feel guilty if you have stepped on an ant, or a ladybird. Or are you one of those people that couldn't care less?

For me it depends on my mood. If i'm in a 'peaceful-be-nice-to-earth mood' then I feel guilty. Other days, I don't think twice.

However, I wouldn't kill some poor insect/bug/spider etc on purpose.

EDIT: before I get anymore comments on my-new-found word 'trodded', I would like to reassure everyone that it has come to my attention the word doesn't exist. Therefore, sorry if I have offended you. I honestly didn't do it on purpose.

ReputationRep:
    *Trod

And, no. I don't go out of my way to do it, but if it happens, whilst sad, I won't feel guilty about it for more than a few seconds.

ReputationRep:
    Trodded? What the hell?
    I tread on an insect
    I trod on an insect
    I have trodden on an insect

*Anyway. No, I don't feel guilty at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    *Trod

And, no. I don't go out of my way to do it, but if it happens, whilst sad, I won't feel guilty about it for more than a few seconds.
    Pfft, I thought trodded sounded a bit weird.Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    i don't on purpose but if i do then i will feel a little guilty but nothing thats going to keep me up at night.

ReputationRep:
    lol

first "i killed a cat"

and now killing insects

we are superior - dont worry!

ReputationRep:
    I tend to wear black for a week when such an unfortunate incident takes place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_J)
    I tend to wear black for a week when such an unfortunate incident takes place.
    haha

ReputationRep:
    trodded.....lmao

I trod on a snail barefoot once.

I was traumatised for a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactupuss)
    trodded.....lmao
    It's publicity; makes people click on the thread.

*hope she buys it*

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I do feel sorry for treading on things by accident, and I definitely wouldn't do it on purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    I trod on a snail barefoot once.

I was traumatised for a week.
    I trod on a slug barefoot a couple of weeks ago on my stairs INSIDE MY HOUSE.

I'm terrified of them anyway and I nearly fainted. There was a very tangible 'bursting' sensation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlushTheSystem)
    It's publicity; makes people click on the thread.

*hope she buys it*

heeheee.....*buys it*.....lol first thing that came to my head was ...'aww so cute' :p:

ReputationRep:
    No I don't feel guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jointhedots)
    I trod on a slug barefoot a couple of weeks ago on my stairs INSIDE MY HOUSE.

I'm terrified of them anyway and I nearly fainted. There was a very tangible 'bursting' sensation.
    How did a slug get inside your house? sounds horrible. ohh was it a big orange one? *shudders*

(Original post by jointhedots)
    I trod on a slug barefoot a couple of weeks ago in barefeet on my stairs INSIDE MY HOUSE.

Ugh, yeah I know what you mean. It took me ages to wash the gunk off of my foot, I had to use a scourer pad as well :\

ReputationRep:
    I do feel slightly guilty :o:

There was a crane fly in our kitchen last night and it took me 20 mins but I managed to catch it with a jug and let it go instead of swatting.

ReputationRep:
    I rear and kill/eat our own animals.
    I go hunting and shooting.

I care very little if I stand on an insect.

ReputationRep:
    I like to have my windows open in the evening, so I end up having to perform a small holocaust with a rolled up newspaper before going to bed.

Of course I don't feel guilty.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.