The Student Room Group

UCAS system error?? - Deadline

So I received an email from UCAS at 00:35GMT (12:35am) on July 20, saying "there's been a change to one of your offers"

I login, and it says that since I didn't accept or decline "by July 20", all offers were automatically declined.

My understanding (as last year) was that the deadline is ON the 20th, at 1800.

Anybody else get an auto decline for everything or is it just me?
Reply 1
Below was the exact message on the UCAS site. The deadline was 20 July with no time given. Typically UCAS allows ON the date given, not "before" the date given. Thoughts or who to contact to fix this?

"Latest update
20 July 2020, 00:32

Your offers have been automatically declined as you did not reply to them by the deadline you were given."
I am in the same boat. Slightly unsure as to what to do but will call UCAS as soon as they open. I too thought that the deadline was on the 20th not before.
The 1800 time deadline is for applications only, it doesn't apply to accepting offers you've received
Also normally "by" in this context means before that date, not on the day of it from what I understand
You both need to phone UCAS today
Good luck getting that sorted. Why didn’t you reply earlier tho?
Original post by harrysbar
You both need to phone UCAS today

9B69420E-E66B-4453-A9CE-523065496466.png
Original post by Archie Inns
9B69420E-E66B-4453-A9CE-523065496466.png

Surely this, even if there is ambiguity as to who is at fault, should give both of us the opportunity to retrieve our offers?
Original post by doodledaddle
Good luck getting that sorted. Why didn’t you reply earlier tho?

I was and am still waiting to hear if one of my unis will defer.
Surely this, even if there is ambiguity as to who is at fault, should give both of us the opportunity to retrieve our offers?

Yes it will do, don't worry
Reply 10
Original post by MedicWil
The 1800 time deadline is for applications only, it doesn't apply to accepting offers you've received
Also normally "by" in this context means before that date, not on the day of it from what I understand

You'd think so. However, on the 30th of June when there was a deadline, UCAS was putting up videos saying "today is the last day". That and last year it was the same thing, the day of, not "by the 18th, so you must reply on the 17th".
I have just put up another thread on this as I didn't see this one.

UCAS changed this year. The wording was, 'you have until 23.59 on 20 July to reply to your offers'. So they have been auto declined a day early. I saw people on FB saying the same. This is an error on UCAS.

Napiers admissions has been horrendous this year so I was giving them until today to clarify their conditional offer before I accepted another university.
Reply 12
Same happened here i swear it said by 23:59 on Monday the 20th July, my heart dropped when i saw UCAS this morning. Currently on the phone trying to get through anyone else got an update?
I'm on hold. If anyone is updated please post!
Just spoken to UCAS, they confirmed that it is a system-wise issue and that in order to confirm your offers, you need to phone them up as UCAS Track is still not working.
Just spoken to UCAS, they confirmed that it is a system-wise issue and that in order to confirm your offers, you need to phone them up as UCAS Track is still not working.

Thanks so much for letting us know.

This is going to be a long wait on hold then if this has affected lots of people.
Reply 16
Just got off the phone, its all good the woman i was talking to sorted it all out for me.
Reply 17
Glad it wasn't just me. I received this automated email 2 hours ago. Haven't logged in yet but assuming the issue is corrected. *Phew*

"your offers have been declined in error

Don’t worry, we have spoken to the universities, so they know it’s not you. Our team is currently working on the technical issue and your offers will be showing in Track again shortly. You will have until 18:00 (UK time) today to reply to your offers."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending