Photoshop cs3 Watch

supreme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey,

I just wondering whether anyone knew how long photo shop cs3 is likely to be on the shelf for until the next version appears? I've seen the student edition on Amazon and just wondered what proof of studentship people had provided and had been accepted (I know it gives a list but its not very clear).
spikeymike
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, CS4 beta is out there
http://cybernetnews.com/2008/03/04/a...s4-stonehenge/

There is no word on a release date at this point, but in the past Adobe has released new versions of their Creative Suite every 18 to 24 months. That would mean Adobe CS4 will be available somewhere between October 2008 and April 2009.
wizard710
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
And there is also a rumour that CS4 will have a 64 bit version so if you have a 64 bit os then it can take advantage of lots of ram
Rob801
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by wizard710)
And there is also a rumour that CS4 will have a 64 bit version so if you have a 64 bit os then it can take advantage of lots of ram
It's not rumour, it's fact. It also has GPGPU acceleration on quite a lot of features. So far the 64 bit is only going to be available on windows, but I think the GPGPU is available on both windows and mac.
wizard710
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rob801)
It's not rumour, it's fact. It also has GPGPU acceleration on quite a lot of features. So far the 64 bit is only going to be available on windows, but I think the GPGPU is available on both windows and mac.
Oh right, thanks for that
bowdeni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you buy a student version of photoshop, then what happens is that they ship you a box, and the CD contains just the demo. It contains the application form, which you attach proof of being a student, uni docs and college card, and post it to adbobe, who within a week or so email you the license key.
wizard710
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry, what is GPGPU acceleration?
Rob801
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by wizard710)
Sorry, what is GPGPU acceleration?
General purpose graphics processing unit acceleration. It uses your graphics card instead of your processor for certain tasks, as graphics cards can handle certain operations much faster than a normal processor can.
wizard710
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
General purpose graphics processing unit acceleration. It uses your graphics card instead of your processor for certain tasks, as graphics cards can handle certain operations much faster than a normal processor can.
Oh right thanks
dd1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
CS3 is still more than enough for the average user, and there's nothing you can't really do in CS3.
Rob801
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dd1989)
CS3 is still more than enough for the average user, and there's nothing you can't really do in CS3.
You can't learn to fly in CS3!
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
CS3 also can't make tea.

they better fix that for CS4. :hmmm:
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Only someone who used photoshop a lot would notice the difference between versions. Between me & my bro we have CS2 & CS3, and I don't notice that many differences which aren't superficial or to do with organisation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
28.01%
No (568)
71.99%

Watched Threads