The Student Room Group

how can I keep myself awake at night for a very long time?

maybe you can recommend foods

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why would you want to do that?
foods, I don't see how that would keep u up. lucozade will probably keep you up. drink a bottle of that. or just keep yourself occupied and u shouldn't fall asleep
One word, coffee. Another word, just-don’t
Original post by doodledaddle

actually just don't is 2 words:biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
maybe you can recommend foods

Is there a specific reason why you want to stay up all night?
Reply 6

Which type and brand?
Reply 7
Original post by DrawTheLine
Is there a specific reason why you want to stay up all night?

Yes.
Reply 8
Food and caffeine can actually be killers when you’re doing an all nighter/ night shifts. You have to plan meals and caffeinated drinks very carefully so that you don’t crash at certain points in the evening.

Sleeping during the day can help but you have to remember that your body is simply not used to being up at that time. Consistency is key with it which is why I tend to do blocks of night shifts together.
Yes.

What's the reason?
I suggest the opposite.

Go to be early and get up early and work in the morning. Your attention levels will be much better after a sleep than trying to force yourself to stay awake. There is the double bonus that your sleep quality will be much better for going to bed early compared to trying to get to sleep when full of stimulants or whatever you to do try to stay awake.
Yes.

Could you tell us the reason? I'm asking because if it's for a medical reason that requires you to not eat or drink for a period of time then it's not good for people to advise you to drink loads of caffeine etc. It would be helpful to know the reason so we can give you more tailored advice.
Original post by Beastybeast
actually just don't is 2 words:biggrin:

Shhh, nobody was supposed to notice.
Shhh, nobody was supposed to notice.

dw I'll keep it a secret:smile:
Which type and brand?

Anything works really but I have nescafe. I was partially kidding tho.
Is there no way to do whatever you need to do in daylight??
Original post by Beastybeast
dw I'll keep it a secret:smile:

Make sure to guard the secret with your life :tongue:
Make sure to guard the secret with your life :tongue:

I will :biggrin:
The reason is that I have exams coming and need to study more due to poor knowledge. I used to study before coronovirus pandemic in the library and had no Efing family issues affecting my healt and yes, I have gained 15kg and wanna loose weight. Only if the library was open...
You can watch a tv series lol it's an effective way for me to stay up late
The reason is that I have exams coming and need to study more due to poor knowledge. I used to study before coronovirus pandemic in the library and had no Efing family issues affecting my healt and yes, I have gained 15kg and wanna loose weight. Only if the library was open...

Not sleeping will only worsen all these issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending