Does anyone have a laptop with a silver keyboard, if yes, i need your help plz

Watch
Joy L
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone have a laptop with a silver keyboard and if so do you prefer it to a black keyboard.

Also, are the letters visible on a silver keyboard. Worried the letters may not show up as well as a black keyboard, especially in the dark
Last edited by Joy L; 1 year ago
Athena Aurora
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joy L)
Does anyone have a laptop with a silver keyboard and if so do you prefer it to a black keyboard.

Also, are the letters visible on a silver keyboard. Worried the letters may not show up as well as a black keyboard, especially in the dark
Name:  Keyboard.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  128.9 KB

Do you mean like this one? The letters do show up and in the dark it has lights in the letters which make them show up.
Joy L
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raven Firefly)
Attachment 931056Do you mean like this one? The letters do show up and in the dark it has lights in the letters which make them show up.
Yes, exactly! What laptop do you have.

I was worried whether the silver keys wouldn't be very visible in the dark as i've always had a black keyboard so I don't know what a silver one is like?
Athena Aurora
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joy L)
Yes, exactly! What laptop do you have.

I was worried whether the silver keys wouldn't be very visible in the dark as i've always had a black keyboard so I don't know what a silver one is like?
I have the Dell Inspiron 14 5000 the letters show up in the dark fine because there are lights in the keyboard, does the laptop you are going to buy have those lights?
Joy L
Rep:
?
Name:  Keyboard.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  128.9 KB

Do you mean like this one? The letters do show up and in the dark it has lights in the letters which make them show up.
Does your laptop have a backlit keyboard function and thats why they light up. The Laptop I'm looking at has a silver keybaord but doesn't have a backlit function so i was worried about visibility of keys
Joy L
Rep:
?
I have the Dell Inspiron 14 5000 the letters show up in the dark fine because there are lights in the keyboard, does the laptop you are going to buy have those lights?
Ooo, you have a Dell Inspiron!. I'm looking at the Dell Inspiron 15 5593 which has a black keyboard (I was also looking at an hp which has a silver keyboard) How are you finding your dell. Do you like it?

Has it caused you any problems and also how helpful are dell (that is if you have had any dealings with them)
Athena Aurora
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joy L)
Does your laptop have a backlit keyboard function and thats why they light up. The Laptop I'm looking at has a silver keybaord but doesn't have a backlit function so i was worried about visibility of keys
Mine has a backlit function so I'm not sure but when the lights are off I can still see the letters so I think you should be fine
Joy L
Rep:
?
Mine has a backlit function so I'm not sure but when the lights are off I can still see the letters so I think you should be fine
Ooo, you have a Dell Inspiron!. I'm looking at the Dell Inspiron 15 5593 which has a black keyboard (I was also looking at an hp which has a silver keyboard) How are you finding your dell. Do you like it?

Has it caused you any problems and also how helpful are dell (that is if you have had any dealings with them)
Joy L
Rep:
?
Many people love dells. I've never had a dell what do you think of it?
Athena Aurora
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joy L)

I like my Dell Inspiron but you should be aware that the touch pad is very sensitive than other laptops that could be pro or a con depending on how you use it. I haven't had any dealings with dell, my laptop is very reliable and I haven't had any problems with it.
Joy L
Rep:
?
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is the one I'm looking a (currently out of stock but they are due a restock tomorrow as I spoke to one of their sales representatives) t and it has a black keyboard and is backlit. Do you find the backlit function drains battery much?

Also, what is the battery like on your dell, does it charge quickly too?
Athena Aurora
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joy L)
Many people love dells. I've never had a dell what do you think of it?
I've had 2 dell laptops both were very good, personally I prefer Dell to HP.

(Original post by Joy L)
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is the one I'm looking a (currently out of stock but they are due a restock tomorrow as I spoke to one of their sales representatives) t and it has a black keyboard and is backlit. Do you find the backlit function drains battery much?

Also, what is the battery like on your dell, does it charge quickly too?
It charges in like just over a hour and lasts about 4 hours but I don't really put much of my attention to it so I could be sightly different. It seems to last just as long as my other laptops, that much I can confirm.
Just looked at the laptop it seems like a good laptop.
Joy L
Rep:
?
I've had 2 dell laptops both were very good, personally I prefer Dell to HP.

It charges in like just over a hour and lasts about 4 hours but I don't really put much of my attention to it so I could be sightly different. It seems to last just as long as my other laptops, that much I can confirm.
Just looked at the laptop it seems like a good laptop.
Thanks so much for your help! What do you use your dell for if you don't mind me asking. i'm going to use mine to last me the 4 years of uni hopefully. i'm just going to be using it for writing essays on word and powerpoint and watching youtube tbh so i'm hoping the battery won't drain down that quickly just doing these simple things
Athena Aurora
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joy L)
Thanks so much for your help! What do you use your dell for if you don't mind me asking. i'm going to use mine to last me the 4 years of uni hopefully. i'm just going to be using it for writing essays on word and powerpoint and watching youtube tbh so i'm hoping the battery won't drain down that quickly just doing these simple things
No problem
I use my dell for mostly using word and I'm watching youtube on it right now. The battery won't drain on mine so I would assume that you will have a similar experience with yours. Good luck with your purchase.
Joy L
Rep:
?
No problem
I use my dell for mostly using word and I'm watching youtube on it right now. The battery won't drain on mine so I would assume that you will have a similar experience with yours. Good luck with your purchase.
Thanks. Can I ask you another question if you don't mind?

What is the webcam and microphone like on your dell as my uni is going to do online lectures on zoom for the first semester ?
Athena Aurora
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joy L)
Thanks. Can I ask you another question if you don't mind?

What is the webcam and microphone like on your dell as my uni is going to do online lectures on zoom for the first semester ?
I don't mind at all.
To be honest I've never used the the camera I just checked it now and it seems to be working fine after I selected my preferences. When I use cortana the microphone picks up everything I say and cortana understands it. Cortana is like the Siri of the laptop.
Joy L
Rep:
?
No problem
Sorry, I also have another questions

Was your dell easy to set up? (I've only ever set up acer laptops so was wondering how easy it was, acer were ok however I had to call customer care quite a few times for assistance, saying that, I'm not gr8 with technology tho !)
Athena Aurora
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joy L)
Sorry, I also have another questions

Was your dell easy to set up? (I've only ever set up acer laptops so was wondering how easy it was, acer were ok however I had to call customer care quite a few times for assistance, saying that, I'm not gr8 with technology tho !)
I had no problems setting it up but if you are going to sign in with touch id if your laptop has that it never recognizes me so I have to type in my password
Joy L
Rep:
?
Ok. thank you so much for your help! You've been incredibly knowledgeable!
Joy L
Rep:
?
I had no problems setting it up but if you are going to sign in with touch id if your laptop has that it never recognizes me so I have to type in my password
Which antivirus do you use on your dell. It says on the dell website that they come with a 30day free mcafee trial. After the trial did you pay for the year subscription or choose a different antivirus provider?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads