Turn on thread page Beta

parent refuses to fill in ema forms watch

Announcements

basically, as anyone who gets ema will know, you get a form that you have to fill in and then your parent has to fill in so that you can be entitled to it. my mum is refusing to fill it in so i cant get ema. she still expects me to pay for everything so i am really stuck without it. what can i do? i am legally entitled to ema and so surely she shouldnt be able to stop me getting it

ReputationRep:
    hahaha why does your mum not want you to get EMA? What did you do? Apologize profusely, if that doesn't work forge her signature? Find the paperwork you need? Hold something of hers hostage till she deals with it?

ReputationRep:
    i'd just forge it personally!

ReputationRep:
    What's her reasoning behind why she doesn't want you to get free money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chr15chr15)
    i'd just forge it personally!
    That's called fraud :p:

ReputationRep:
    You honestly think you can't get by without ema?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Does she not understand...it is money for nothing! I get something similar at uni, but £125 a week to pay for accomodation, food etc!

If needs be, forge her details. Use a different colour pen, and change handwriting! =D

Badger...

ReputationRep:
    Just explain exactly what ema is no-one in their right mind would reject it. If she is still being a pain say you want it just so you can put it in a bank account for university or something like that - which looks good on you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sick Puppy)
    That's called fraud :p:
    Yes it is! but money does strange things to the best of us!

ReputationRep:
    I got by with bugger all during sixth form, i had a part time job that paid £40 and i managed fine. Can't believe how much people are relying on EMA these days?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adampolar)
    You honestly think you can't get by without ema?
    wtf? I wouldn't even have been able to buy the train ticket to college if I didn't get EMA Richie Rich
    Though after i got a job, dropped two subjects and went without

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    I got by with bugger all during sixth form, i had a part time job that paid £40 and i managed fine. Can't believe how much people are relying on EMA these days?!

I got it in upper 6th and then recently got a letter telling me I should have been receiving £10 a week less :rofl:

Though I didn't spend much of mine, just shoved it in an ISA for uni money

ReputationRep:
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    You need to let her know whos the boss.

ReputationRep:
    I think what annoys me about EMA is its meant for things for college/sixth form, be it travel etc but most people don't need it for that and are basically getting free money (even if they are putting it towards uni). I feel the same about the selfish ***** who get a student loan when mummy and daddy pay for everything so all of it just goes into a bank for savings :mad:

guess i'm just jelous that in the olden days i had to work to earn my money... :s: still dont think my sis is entitles to it either ...not that it matters as she's worked since she was 15

Bah

Back to the actual isue in hand, get a teacher to persuade your mum?

ReputationRep:
    I think what annoys me about EMA is its meant for things for college/sixth form, be it travel etc but most people don't need it for that and are basically getting free money (even if they are putting it towards uni). I feel the same about the selfish ***** who get a student loan when mummy and daddy pay for everything so all of it just goes into a bank for savings :mad:
    I know what you mean but if someone was going to give you £30 a week for nothing, would you turn it down?

ReputationRep:
    does your mother not understand what EMA is? you should really sit her down and explain that the government are giving you up to £30 free every week which you dont ever need to pay back. i got EMA and it really has helped me loads. if she refuses you could ask your auntie or uncle because you can get either a parent or guardian to fill it in, so any famiy member can. i wouldnt advise you to forge it.. just incase..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B4DG3R)
    Does she not understand...it is money for nothing! I get something similar at uni, but £125 a week to pay for accomodation, food etc!

If needs be, forge her details. Use a different colour pen, and change handwriting! =D

Badger...
    EH? u get £125 to pay for uni, how?

ReputationRep:
    well if they get it then the need it i think, if someone is getting £30 a week then maybe they need the extra money lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I-said-haha)
    wtf? I wouldn't even have been able to buy the train ticket to college if I didn't get EMA Richie Rich
    Though after i got a job, dropped two subjects and went without
    You think I'm rich because my parents are? I got a job as anyone could, EMA is a joke that only serves to encourage laziness and dependancy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2008
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.