Questions for the gaming community

Watch
lrhwaterx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi all!! I would appreciate it very much if you could answer the questions below!

1) Out of the following, what is your preferred genre for an online game -(what would you click on) Phycological horror, Sci-fi or Mystery?

2) What is your preferred length for an online game? (for 1 day)

3) What are your views on paying for an online game and, how much would you pay?

Thank you all so much!! Hope you have a good day

Edit: an interactive single player game where the player explores the game via the main character. They control their actions etc and complete the game via the character.
Last edited by lrhwaterx; 2 weeks ago
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lrhwaterx)
Hi all!! I would appreciate it very much if you could answer the questions below!

1) Out of the following, what is your preferred genre for an online game -(what would you click on) Phycological horror, Sci-fi or Mystery?

2) What is your preferred length for an online game? (for 1 day)

3) What are your views on paying for an online game and, how much would you pay?

Thank you all so much!! Hope you have a good day
How exactly are you defining "online game"?
lrhwaterx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
How exactly are you defining "online game"?
I would say an interactive game where you playing the role of characters
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would say an interactive game where you playing the role of character
I don't think I've ever heard of a multiplayer role playing game from the mystery or horror genres, do you have any examples?
lrhwaterx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
I don't think I've ever heard of a multiplayer role playing game from the mystery or horror genres, do you have any example
It's not multiplayer and no examples yet unfortunately. A single players is able to explore the game paying the lead character
chocolate_fan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's not multiplayer and no examples yet unfortunately. A single players is able to explore the game paying the lead character
So it's just a normal single-player computer game?
lrhwaterx
Rep:
?
(Original post by chocolate_fan)
So it's just a normal single-player computer game?
Yes - sorry if I'm not getting the idea over properly. A single player, interactive game where the player is in the role of the main character and they complete the game via them. Controlling their actions etc.
chocolate_fan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes - sorry if I'm not getting the idea over properly. A single player, interactive game where the player is in the role of the main character and they complete the game via them. Controlling their actions etc.
Yes, don't worry, it was the phrase 'online game', because that suggests a game like Fortnite where player go against each other on the internet.

In response to your questions:
1)Sci-fi (out of the three)
2)As much content as possible is always nice
3)I've payed as much as £60 for some games that have been worth it, but there are others that I've paid for around £10 that I've regretted getting, so it really depends on the game, how large it is, the graphics, gameplay etc. There's no hard and fast rule. But if what I'm getting out of this is you want to design an indie game by yourself, then probably looking at topping out at £20
lrhwaterx
Rep:
?
(Original post by chocolate_fan)
Yes, don't worry, it was the phrase 'online game', because that suggests a game like Fortnite where player go against each other on the internet.

In response to your questions:
1)Sci-fi (out of the three)
2)As much content as possible is always nice
3)I've payed as much as £60 for some games that have been worth it, but there are others that I've paid for around £10 that I've regretted getting, so it really depends on the game, how large it is, the graphics, gameplay etc. There's no hard and fast rule. But if what I'm getting out of this is you want to design an indie game by yourself, then probably looking at topping out at £20
Ahh right okay, thanks for that. I think I just need to scrub up on my terminology!! Thanks going into depth for the last question too!
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As above, "online" implies multiplayer or at least some internet based component. What you're actually describing seems to be RPGs.
Last edited by Gofre; 2 weeks ago
lrhwaterx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
As above, "online" implies multiplayer or at least some internet based component. What you're actually describing seems to be RPGs
Ahh right okay. Yeah - that seems to fit the idea! Thank you.
Failure In Life
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
1)Sci-fi

2) 30 mins from day to night (is that what u mean)

3)at this time depends how good the game but is free(with in game cosmetics(not pay to win ) ) is preferred but £40 max
lrhwaterx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Failure In Life)
1)Sci-fi

2) 30 mins from day to night (is that what u mean)

3)at this time depends how good the game but is free(with in game cosmetics(not pay to win ) ) is preferred but £40 max
Thanks! Could you explain what you mean when you sat "from day to night". What I mean in the question is, for example would you want a hour long game
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does animal crossing count
Failure In Life
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks! Could you explain what you mean when you sat "from day to night". What I mean in the question is, for example would you want a hour long game
oh i meant it like the day rotation like in gta 5 and ARK

but hour long game max
lrhwaterx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Failure In Life)
oh i meant it like the day rotation like in gta 5 and ARK

but hour long game max
Ah okay, I get what you mean. Thanks.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
A very confusing questionnaire. You're not going to get the answers you're looking for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (162)
38.12%
Take autumn exams (130)
30.59%
Look for a job (16)
3.76%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.24%
Take a year out (72)
16.94%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
6.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise