Crashing car with parents on insurance

Watch
NATHANSCARROTT
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
If I was the main driver of a car and my dad was an additional driver, which means the insurance is much cheaper, and I crashed the car would he be affected in any way. For example, would his NCB on his personal car be affected or his personal insurance for his car be affected in any way.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by NATHANSCARROTT)
If I was the main driver of a car and my dad was an additional driver, which means the insurance is much cheaper, and I crashed the car would he be affected in any way. For example, would his NCB on his personal car be affected or his personal insurance for his car be affected in any way.
The accident affects the driver, not the policy. If the policy is in your name (which presumably it is as the 'main driver), then you are affected by it. Your dad, as an additional driver, is not relevant to your accident. His NCB is not affected because it's not his policy.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by NATHANSCARROTT)
No. It's the person who was driving the car when the accident occurred that may incur NCB penalties and higher premiums.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ditto, accidents are tied to the one driving.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads