Engineering degree apprenticeships for 2021

Watch
m.s124
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I just completed year 12 and will be writing my personal statement over the summer. However, as well as applying for university courses I am still not 100% convinced that I want to go to uni and so want to look at some other options - mainly degree apprenticeships.

Do you know of any good degree apprenticeships available? I am applying for engineering at uni as that is what I am interested in and so an engineering degree apprenticeship would be preferred. Thank you.
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve just completed my engineering degree apprenticeship, now just preparing for the End Point Assessment (EPA).

The schemes usually start in September, but some employers may hire you earlier in the year before you’re required to start your academic studies. You can expect positions to appear for a 2021 start from October 2020 onwards. The number of available positions will increase in time.

That being said, in addition to applying through the well known websites, you can go directly through apprenticeship providers. These companies work with employers to facilitate the apprenticeship framework. The one I used was Cogent Skills, but there may be others more local to you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope this help,
Chris
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (178)
58.75%
No they should not (90)
29.7%
Abstain (35)
11.55%

Watched Threads