The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hope1279
Yeah like if a female student is abused by a male teacher everyone thinks the teacher should loose their job and go to prison and are demonised but when there's a male student and a female teacher, some people think he was "lucky" which just completely downplays the trauma. In the UK at least, a woman can't physically commit the act of rape so male and female offenders may be treated differently by the law which I guess could affect how people view the crime differently.

This one really hurts me deeply. Just because I am a guy, it does not I would love to get raped by women that I may not even know or love... like because I am a man I can derive nothing else but pleasurable. I would feel dirty if something like that happened...
I did not know it was like that in UK.
Why can't society understand that being raped without wether for male or female can be a painful experience.
Yes true
Original post by Britannia006
This one really hurts me deeply. Just because I am a guy, it does not I would love to get raped by women that I may not even know or love... like because I am a man I can derive nothing else but pleasurable. I would feel dirty if something like that happened...
I did not know it was like that in UK.
Why can't society understand that being raped without wether for male or female can be a painful experience.

wait what? in the uk a women cant rape a man? wtf?
Reply 43
Greetings.
Feminists please tell me:
Do you hate men?
Are they disgusting to you?
Do you consider them as predators, wild beasts?
Are men stupid beings for you?
Would you put men in cages if you had the power to do so ?

No
Slightly but I’m working on it
Not really, I’m a bit scared of men but they’re still human
No, except most that I know aren’t as open minded/ choose ignorance
No
Do you not think that a lot of issues that men suffer due to patriarchy are due to other men?

Men can't talk about their feelings and being upset because of other men, more than women? Guys wouldn't always talk to their male friends about these things, but some will talk to their girlfriends or female friends. Men don't seek help when they have problems or issues, that's their problem and not because help is less available for men than women. Fewer men become teachers and nurses. Is this because the female teachers and nurses will laugh at them? No because they personally don't want 'feminine' jobs or because they worry about judgement from friends and family, mostly male.
Original post by Anonymous
Definitely, It sucks how men can barely be able to be seen as victims even tho not all men are rlly tough etc, a lot of them are nervous and not as "manly" as the media portrays them to be.

Yes true
Not all of us are predatory.
Also most of the time criminal women do not have the same judiciary sentence criminal men received if they have committed the same type of crime...
See we men are not always that privileged...
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx

To rape someone in the UK you have to penetration them with a penis so women can't commit rape. If a woman forces herself on a man it's only classed as sexual assault.
To rape someone in the UK you have to penetration them with a penis so women can't commit rape. If a woman forces herself on a man it's only classed as sexual assault.

oh my god whattt? that's so f**ked up? damn :/
Original post by Corps
No
Slightly but I’m working on it
Not really, I’m a bit scared of men but they’re still human
No, except most that I know aren’t as open minded/ choose ignorance
No

Thank You for your insight.
I understand that you can be scared by men.
But who is expecting him to be strong? Seeking help is stronger than letting your problems get on top of you. It's dumb logic. People would much rather they sought help than killed themselves :/
no.
because im not a feminist.
and not because i dont want equality, but because the current feminsm movement is so distorted. it's all about women gaining superiority over men. for example, there's a trend going around on social media called the " KILL ALL MEN MOVEMENT 2020", what happened to equality? and, on instagram loads of feminists have been saying, "men shouldn't have an opinion at all."
it's just stupid.
i'm not going to support something that promotes inequality.

Fair enough but that isn’t feminism. Tbh, the “kill all the men” talk reminds me of ‘locker room talk’. Obviously two wrongs don’t make a right and women are more likely to be joking when they talk about harming men. I didn’t realise that these people were proclaiming themselves feminists though. If you want equality, you might not like the things attached to the term but you are an actual feminist.

Seems to be the case...
Fair enough but that isn’t feminism. Tbh, the “kill all the men” talk reminds me of ‘locker room talk’. Obviously two wrongs don’t make a right and women are more likely to be joking when they talk about harming men. I didn’t realise that these people were proclaiming themselves feminists though. If you want equality, you might not like the things attached to the term but you are an actual feminist.

well ofc i want equality no matter what, but like i said, there are so many "feminists" out there that kinda ruin it all with their childish views. i genuinely dont think they were all joking because people are capable of anything really but yk
idk i'm just really conflicted atm
oh my god whattt? that's so f**ked up? damn :/

Ikr, there's loads or petitions and articles online about getting the law changed
Ikr, there's loads or petitions and articles online about getting the law changed

it should be changed tbh
i live in the uk and i didnt even know that wow
Speaking as a feminist, yes. I hate all men. They are disgusting. I consider them predators and wild beasts. Men are stupid for me. I would put men in cages.

... That's the answer you were after, right?

I know you're just a troll. I do. But I'm replying anyway because I think this is the subconscious image that self-proclaimed 'meninists' actually do have of all feminists, and I want to do my part in debunking that.

First off, I guess I'll address why people have that view. I mean, I'll even admit that calling a movement for gender equality 'feminism' seems like a misnomer, right? Like some kind of dystopian matriarchy thing? (@french speakers check out Je Ne Suis Pas Une Homme Facile)

But no. Feminists aren't against men. They are against the patriarchy. Does dismantling the patriarchy mean disproportionately taking down men since there are a higher proportion of men than women who support it? Yeah, it does. This is not the same as an unequivocal hatred of men. Anyone who does so is not a feminist. They are a misandrist.

My biggest pet peeve about people like you is that you just don't realise is that feminism... actually helps you guys as well?? Just saw a post about some of the issues guys face too (which are totally valid and as wrong as the injustices girls face), and I want to show you how feminism can help.

1. Guys can't cry (also known as 'recipe for toxic masculinity')

This affects guys. Ignorant women perpetrate this belief too. I'm not disputing any of that. But if you think a little deeply, it should become clear that this is actually based in misogyny too? Seeing guys be emotional is stigmatised because it's a 'feminine' action. Guys are meant to be above it. Feminism has a role in fixing this.

2. Guys can't take on feminine jobs (i.e. nurse, primary school teacher, au pair)

Again, this affects guys. Please note that that's not in dispute for this list. But the thing is... this again is about guys ostensibly being 'better' than these roles. Have you noticed how men are meant to be above cooking domestically, but most top chefs are male? Most top headmasters are male, but primary school teachers should be women? To be a nurse is demeaning, but a doctor is a masculine role? It's not the role that doesn't fit the guy - it's the position of servitude, which is meant to fit a woman. Again. Feminism can help.

3. A guy can never be raped by a woman; he can only enjoy it.

For personal reasons I'm not gonna disclose, I've always found this one ****ed up to the extreme. Even when it's a full-on adult female teacher having sex with a pupil, she'll often get a lighter sentence than a male contemporary would. That's messed up. And you know why this happens? That li'l thing called toxic masculinity. Which is, like everything else I've mentioned so far, supported by the belief that guys are inherently better than women, and some things (i.e. not enjoying sex) are feminine and thus weak and unfitting. Feminism can help.

So @any guys on here, don't bash feminists because you feel attacked whenever they call out men, alright? Detach yourself from getting defensive automatically. Realise that men aren't the problem; the patriarchy is. Dismantling it helps us all.

tldr; Boys, don't troll feminism. A) **** move, B) stabbing yourself in the foot too, C) **** move

Did not read your post till the end when I saw that for you I am a troll and a self proclaimed meninist. Do not judge people you do not even know
Original post by mylifeisforsale
I think the issue is actually rooted in a patriarchal system that men created. Men tend to call each other gay for being vulnerable or for doing more stereotypically female things like wearing makeup because it goes against their idea of what a man is meant to be. Obviously men should be able to express their emotions freely and wear/act how they wish without judgment, but often men are the ones perpetuating these ideals by shaming other men for being themselves. As for men not coming forward about rape as much, I think that is also sometimes due to the stick they would get from other people as they have been taken advantage of by a woman (who is traditionally the weaker/more submissive one in a relationship). Many people would think of this person as "less of a man" because he has 'allowed' the woman to assert dominance over him. This kind of "Macho" culture is ingrained into many parts of society and is often seen as normal so many people have no problem with it and men tend to suffer in silence because of it. :frown:

Thank you so much.
You said it all
Guys suffer in silence...
no.
because im not a feminist.
and not because i dont want equality, but because the current feminsm movement is so distorted. it's all about women gaining superiority over men. for example, there's a trend going around on social media called the " KILL ALL MEN MOVEMENT 2020", what happened to equality? and, on instagram loads of feminists have been saying, "men shouldn't have an opinion at all."
it's just stupid.
i'm not going to support something that promotes inequality.

Thank you for your insight girl.
Oh my God 😨
A KILL ALL MEN MOVEMENT... I knew it, I knew we would come to that...
1) No I don’t hate anyone at all, yes I dislike some of their opinions on things.
2) It’s more that they’re shocking by their ignorance, immaturity and lack of respect when it comes to women it’s rare to find a genuine guy nowadays but not disgusted by men.
3) No I wouldn’t consider all of them as predators why would I falsely accuse someone ?!
4) everyone can be stupid at times but it depends on the situation.
5) No
Thank you for your insight girl.
Oh my God 😨
A KILL ALL MEN MOVEMENT... I knew it, I knew we would come to that...

yeah it's silly tbh
can i just ask, you always refer to me as 'girl'. you do it when we message as well haha
any particular reason for that because i dont really liked being referred to as 'girl'?

Latest

Trending

Trending