thank you!x
Okay...
Britannia006
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Exactly, like i said before i feel like a lot of these points are not made clear in the media so not many ppl are aware of them as it doesny fit the "predator, manly image"
Yes, unfortunately that is the hidden truth
Britannia006
Rep:
?
(Original post by remussjhj01)
Do you hate men? No. I am one so that would be kind of stupid.
Are they disgusting to you? ^
Do you consider them as predators, wild beasts? No, but there is clearly an issue of sexual assault against women, normally at the hands of men.
Are men stupid beings for you? No, no one's inherently stupid.
Would you put men in cages if you had the power to do so? Again, I am a man, so that would not be a very smart idea, but I imagine many feminist women would agree with me there.
I don't think you know what feminism actually is? It's literally just believing that all genders and sexes deserve equality, and that no one sex or gender is better than another.

Homophobia is unnecessary, I think?
Thank you for your insight
Britannia006
Rep:
?
(Original post by catastrophe—)
no, no, no, no, and no
Thank you
Britannia006
Rep:
?
(Original post by Issakatie)
Unpopular opinion: It really annoys me that people only bring up male inequalities when a feminist conversation happens. Why are you not talking about these things normally? And then feminists are often judged or hated on, when they're the people who actually want to improve and change the situation for both men and women, but obviously focusing on women more than men since women have always been the oppressed sex. By stating prejudices and inequalities women have, are we saying that no one else suffers any inequalities or prejudices? No. So stop refusing to recognise women's problems or keep giving a defence of oh men have problems too.

E.g. The one most commonly used is the men and emotions and having to conform to a masculine ideal. I'm a feminist. I think everyone should be able to show whatever emotions they want and be whoever they want and wear whatever they want as long as they're not being mean to anyone without being judged or whatnot. But males are you offering a shoulder to cry on to your male friends or would they feel like they couldn't? Would you support your friends if they wanted to wear makeup and skirts and were straight, or would you laugh and mock them? Would you ask your parents for emotional support and tell them not to judge you because you're a boy? Would you raise your sons and encourage them 'to be a man' or 'man up' or would you accept them for whoever they are and encourage them to show their emotions?

Many 'groups' suffer problems and discrimination and inequality. Improve these problems in their own right, and stop giving them in defence of women's problems, particularly to the people who actually want to help solve these problems too.
Thank you
Peace.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you hate men? No
Are they disgusting to you? No
Do you consider them as predators, wild beasts? No
Are men stupid beings for you? No
Would you put men in cages if you had the power to do so ? No

Feminism is about equal rights. It's not about disliking men.
Britannia006
Rep:
?
(Original post by hope1279)
I agree. I feel like sometimes people will say 'men suffer too' only when having a conversation on feminism as if to shut up women inferring their suffering doesn't matter because everyone suffers. That's not a large group though and most people on this page have been really nice. Men deserve to have their own dedicated conversation to acknowledge and discuss their struggles. It should be 'men suffer' not 'men suffer too'.
Yeah you are right.
But for some feminists it should be men suffer too
Because some of them denied the fact that men face inequality too
hope1279
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Britannia006)
Yeah you are right.
But for some feminists it should be men suffer too
Because some of them denied the fact that men face inequality too
Absolutely, it's just I usually see men suffer too in a response to suffering usually only faced be females, for example FGM. I just think that although men and women face some of the same struggles, some experiences are very different and therefore deserve their own conversation. For example, both men and women can experience domestic violence but men also have to deal with people denying them victim status and making fun of them if they were abused by a female. I feel like this is sometimes used by people who are trying to say other people have it worse so shh. Yes they may do but it doesn't take away the abuse someone else suffered. People do need to be educated on men's struggles but the way it sometimes comes off can seem a bit rude.
aw03
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It is just that sometimes I feel that some feminists really want to wipe men out of this world
lol we don’t. there’s literally no immediate threat to you. in some countries there’s literally laws that put women below men. stop tryna play the victim.
vix.xvi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
mate do u know what feminism means?

/ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/

noun
the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

equality

btw just saying I'm not a feminist, I'm an equalist lol
Greetings.
Feminists please tell me:
Do you hate men?
Are they disgusting to you?
Do you consider them as predators, wild beasts?
Are men stupid beings for you?
Would you put men in cages if you had the power to do so ?
Last edited by vix.xvi; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #9
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Some people use feminism as an excuse to exercise power over men. What we really want is to be able to do the same things that you can, and have the same prospects that you do.

I’m a feminist and see feminism as the striving for equal rights and opportunities for both men and women. I don’t think that women are better than men, nor do I think men are better than women.

It often frustrates me when I see posts that say ‘100 reasons why women are superior to men’, ‘higher intelligence proven’, etc because the root of feminism is the want of equality. Some people just have a twisted view of it and use it as a means to look down on men.

There are stupid females and stupid males. There are educated males and educated females. In the end we are all one.
This. All of this.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by aw03)
lol we don’t. there’s literally no immediate threat to you. in some countries there’s literally laws that put women below men. stop tryna play the victim.
He’s not - the geezer is spitting facts. Yes, women are being treated unequally e.g pay gap, but for example prison sentences are harsher for men than women, custody favours women over men, he’s just giving a different view that some choose to ignorantly ignore
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
mate do u know what feminism means?

/ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/

noun
the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

equality
No, you can still support equality and not be a feminist. A feminist - there’s a difference between gender equality and feminism, which is like the political liberation for women
Kitten in boots
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you hate men? No.
Are they disgusting to you? No, except for the ones who have issues with personal hygiene.
Do you consider them as predators, wild beasts? No.
Are men stupid beings for you? As a generalisation, no. I know some very smart men. I also know some that are as dumb as a box of rocks.
Would you put men in cages if you had the power to do so ? What I get up to in the bedroom is my own business.
yona_cb
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Greetings.
Do you hate men?
Absolutely not. And anyone who answers 'yes' unironically to this is not a feminist.
xavana.studies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Greetings.
Do you hate men?
No. Feminism is simply a movement that promotes general, societal equality between the sexes, and so hating men would be contributing to the problem (and, therefore, 'man-haters' aren't strictly feminist in my view). Although men are generally privileged within our current western society, many men chose to act and behave 'better' than their stereotype, in an attempt to create some sense of equality: men can be feminist too! One of the biggest problems that feminists face is the assumption that we hate men, which isn't true. Feminism doesn't define men as predators or beasts, and it certainly doesn't imply that men are stupid. Feminism doesn't really have anything to do with men as individuals, and not even women. If you believe that the sexes should be paid equally for the same work and that women's expectations shouldn't differ from men's simply due to stereotype, then your views align with feminist ideals. That's all. Many post-modern feminists may believe differently, but all I want (as a feminist) is general equality.

I'm so sorry about the length of this reply, I hope it helps!!
TheStarboy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by xavana.studies)
No. Feminism is simply a movement that promotes general, societal equality between the sexes, and so hating men would be contributing to the problem (and, therefore, 'man-haters' aren't strictly feminist in my view). Although men are generally privileged within our current western society, many men chose to act and behave 'better' than their stereotype, in an attempt to create some sense of equality: men can be feminist too! One of the biggest problems that feminists face is the assumption that we hate men, which isn't true. Feminism doesn't define men as predators or beasts, and it certainly doesn't imply that men are stupid. Feminism doesn't really have anything to do with men as individuals, and not even women. If you believe that the sexes should be paid equally for the same work and that women's expectations shouldn't differ from men's simply due to stereotype, then your views align with feminist ideals. That's all. Many post-modern feminists may believe differently, but all I want (as a feminist) is general equality.

I'm so sorry about the length of this reply, I hope it helps!!
That's an interesting answer. Could you explain what you mean by feminism not having anything to do with men and women as individuals?
Britannia006
Rep:
?
(Original post by hope1279)
Absolutely, it's just I usually see men suffer too in a response to suffering usually only faced be females, for example FGM. I just think that although men and women face some of the same struggles, some experiences are very different and therefore deserve their own conversation. For example, both men and women can experience domestic violence but men also have to deal with people denying them victim status and making fun of them if they were abused by a female. I feel like this is sometimes used by people who are trying to say other people have it worse so shh. Yes they may do but it doesn't take away the abuse someone else suffered. People do need to be educated on men's struggles but the way it sometimes comes off can seem a bit rude.
This it is. You said it all.
Thank you so much.
On the other side people especially men need to be educated on women's struggles so that they will understand that they have to act nicely toward and also nice and respectful to women
Britannia006
Rep:
?
(Original post by aw03)
Thanks for your insight.
Peace.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (159)
58.24%
No they should not (84)
30.77%
Abstain (30)
10.99%

Watched Threads