The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
yes but the goal of feminism isn’t to say that men face no inequalities. it’s to make it so that women don’t face inequalities JUST because they’re women you know?

it’s the same thing with black lives matter. nobody is saying white lives don’t matter or that whites people don’t face hardships, we’re saying that being white isn’t one of the hardships they face you know?

everyone goes through struggles. just because you’re a man it doesn’t mean that you don’t have struggles because that’s ignorant and it’s the aim of feminism.

there are some ignorant “feminazis” who think that women are superior to men and in my opinion, they’re harming the movement. it seems that when people think of feminism now, they don’t think of equality they think of “men are trash” and “men shouldn’t exist because we don’t need them” when that’s definitely not what it’s about.

there’s also those “feminazis” who think we should change common names such as “father christmas” or “greggs” because it’s too masculine. in my opinion, this is utter bull****. those names don’t make it harder for women to live.
they care about stuff like that but not about the millions of girls who are forced into marriage, or are denied education, or who are r*ped or who brutalised with FGM. that’s the goal of feminism. to make the world safer for women & girls so that they don’t have go through crap like that.

i hope i made sense :smile:.
Original post by Anonymous
No to all of them. Feminism is about thinking men and woman should be equal so in that respect shouldn’t everyone consider themselves a feminist. There’s no reason not so apart from the associations with a couple crazy people and some who say they’re feminists yet generalise and hate all men even though they want equality.

Thank you so much for replying.
In fact this is how it is. Their people who do not know that they sometimes go to extremes when defending their view point
Original post by Anonymous
Not a feminist, just female.

1) I dislike certain types of men
2) Yes (though not all are disgusting)
3) Not all men, but many
4) No
5) No

Thanks then for answering
Thank you so much. That was really interesting.
I really appreciated it.
I did not want to make a kind of buzz or anything if I can put like that. I am sorry if it sounds like that.
Thank you again
Original post by aw03
yes but the goal of feminism isn’t to say that men face no inequalities. it’s to make it so that women don’t face inequalities JUST because they’re women you know?

it’s the same thing with black lives matter. nobody is saying white lives don’t matter or that whites people don’t face hardships, we’re saying that being white isn’t one of the hardships they face you know?

everyone goes through struggles. just because you’re a man it doesn’t mean that you don’t have struggles because that’s ignorant and it’s the aim of feminism.

there are some ignorant “feminazis” who think that women are superior to men and in my opinion, they’re harming the movement. it seems that when people think of feminism now, they don’t think of equality they think of “men are trash” and “men shouldn’t exist because we don’t need them” when that’s definitely not what it’s about.

there’s also those “feminazis” who think we should change common names such as “father christmas” or “greggs” because it’s too masculine. in my opinion, this is utter bull****. those names don’t make it harder for women to live.
they care about stuff like that but not about the millions of girls who are forced into marriage, or are denied education, or who are r*ped or who brutalised with FGM. that’s the goal of feminism. to make the world safer for women & girls so that they don’t have go through crap like that.

i hope i made sense :smile:.

Thank you for that answer
It was really interesting
And I think that is what feminazis should understand
Thanks a lot😊
Thank you for replying.

Original post by Moonbow
This has been irritating me for a while so I’m going to point out, as many of my fellow users already have, this is an extreme minority. The idea behind the feminist movement is to inspire women to break what was considered their role in a patriarchal society and to be treated equally to men. It does not dismiss the struggles men face, not does it seek to push down the other gender. Equality has ‘equal’ in the word, surely?
This question is bait af
Original post by Britannia006
Thank you for replying.

That’s ok! Sorry for being blunt 🤗
Original post by Moonbow
That’s ok! Sorry for being blunt 🤗

Oh it is okay
Really😅
Thank you.
Oh and I really like your profile pic. 😊
Which character is it?
it's important not to group feminists together as 'all men hating' - that's only radical feminists, who would argue that men are the enemy.

liberal feminists, which the majority of the western world feminists are, strive for equality. this should not be shunned.
In fact that is it.
Quite sad...
Eeeh😨 nanii?
Is it true?
I mean is it her true name?
Original post by yzanne
it's important not to group feminists together as 'all men hating' - that's only radical feminists, who would argue that men are the enemy.

liberal feminists, which the majority of the western world feminists are, strive for equality. this should not be shunned.

Thank you.
Really good point.
Hope my post did not upset you...
Did it?
Whoa sounds really interesting 😍
I am going to check it as soon as possible
Thanks😊
Original post by Britannia006
Thank you.
Really good point.
Hope my post did not upset you...
Did it?

not upset me as such - it did, however, somewhat annoy me, because it's a very outdated thing to 'hate feminists' or think 'they all want to rule the world' etc.

we should be at the stage in 2020 where we don't even need feminism.
Original post by yzanne
not upset me as such - it did, however, somewhat annoy me, because it's a very outdated thing to 'hate feminists' or think 'they all want to rule the world' etc.

we should be at the stage in 2020 where we don't even need feminism.

Sorry did not mean to sound like that 😩
It is just I saw something that really shocked me. And I posted this just because I was really afraid...
Sorry again...
no, though "hate" is a strong word and should be used when it's really vital to :yep:

radical feminists hold the view that men are the enemy. this is not the view of liberal feminists, who want equality and should be supported by all.
I actually struggle with a similar concept. I personally find it difficult to appreciate any link between 'core' feminism and 'post-modern/radical' feminism. Radical feminism is not, in my current view, feminism, as it seems to imply that there is some form of spectrum to feminist ideology. Feminism is simply a stationary belief and fight for equality, I don't feel as though this can be 'radicalised', as the view itself is already radical. Of course, feminism can adapt in terms of its context and execution, however, the feminist ideology itself cannot change.
I myself don't hate radical feminists, I simply don't believe that their views align with feminist views.
Would you agree?
Original post by xavana.studies
I actually struggle with a similar concept. I personally find it difficult to appreciate any link between 'core' feminism and 'post-modern/radical' feminism. Radical feminism is not, in my current view, feminism, as it seems to imply that there is some form of spectrum to feminist ideology. Feminism is simply a stationary belief and fight for equality, I don't feel as though this can be 'radicalised', as the view itself is already radical. Of course, feminism can adapt in terms of its context and execution, however, the feminist ideology itself cannot change.
I myself don't hate radical feminists, I simply don't believe that their views align with feminist views.
Would you agree?

For me it makes sense