Elizabeth5432
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello,

I have had my student finance application accepted but the maintaince loan is circa £3k, I need to move into London and this will not be enough to pay rent, how do I amend my application to recieve a higher loan?

Is someone at Student Finance able to get in touch?

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped so far, massively appreciate your guidance!

Elizabeth
Last edited by Elizabeth5432; 1 week ago
Lshort17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Did you apply to the full full loan or the first entitlement loan only?
24dean73
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As long as your course hasn't started, you can log into your account and update your details, including where you will be living.
Attached files
alice544
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
the maintenance amount allotted is based on parental income assuming that your under 21 and the minimum each student is allocated is £3000. So given that i think your parents earn two much for you to eligible for the higher rate maintenance so in other words you can' receive more than the minimum of £3000.
Failingstudent98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Student finance doesn’t usually cover rent in London unless your family are particularly poor- make sure you get a few student bank accounts with large overdrafts (that don’t cost money) and get practiced at going days without food
Elizabeth5432
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Lshort17)
Did you apply to the full full loan or the first entitlement loan only?
Hi, what is the difference?
Lshort17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Elizabeth5432)
Hi, what is the difference?
Ive heard that other people have done this. Everyone is entitled to the first part which is around 4000 but i could be wrong and then you tick whether you want the extra part of the loan. Its either that or that your household income is too high. See if student finance know (im sure they wont as they dont seem to know a lot)
Elizabeth5432
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Lshort17)
Ive heard that other people have done this. Everyone is entitled to the first part which is around 4000 but i could be wrong and then you tick whether you want the extra part of the loan. Its either that or that your household income is too high. See if student finance know (im sure they wont as they dont seem to know a lot)
Oh gotcha, yeah I'm hoping they get in touch so I can get this sorted before term. Thank you for your help!
Lshort17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Elizabeth5432)
Oh gotcha, yeah I'm hoping they get in touch so I can get this sorted before term. Thank you for your help!
No problem! Hope it gets sorted!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (192)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (289)
50.09%
I still don't know (96)
16.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed