possibility of pregnancy

Watch
Helianthuss
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So basically, I had my period on the 28th of June (natural period), and I started the pill on the 7th of July. Six days later, I had sex without a condom; what are the chances that I could be pregnant? Should I be worried? It’s too early to take a test!!
K4TAKUR1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Helianthuss)
So basically, I had my period on the 28th of June (natural period), and I started the pill on the 7th of July. Six days later, I had sex without a condom; what are the chances that I could be pregnant? Should I be worried? It’s too early to take a test!!
Take a Plan B or something it’s better than getting pregnant
Helianthuss
Rep:
?
(Original post by K4TAKUR1)
Take a Plan B or something it’s better than getting pregnant
isn't it too late for that?
Helianthuss
Rep:
?
please fdsghjfgdsfjgdshfgdsfhdjgfhs
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You need to take the pill for 7 days in order for it to be properly effective. You also need to have been taking it correctly for 7 days. The chances of pregnancy would likely be reduced but still very much there. Please read the leaflet that came with the pill because this will tell you the information you need to know, such as needing to take it for 7 days if you started it on a day other than the first day of your period. You'll just have to wait and see, and remember that your next period will likely be different because of the pill. Take a test 2 weeks after you have sex as this should be enough time for the test to be accurate.

Remember, even with the pill, there is still a 1% chance of pregnancy (realistically more like 5-6% chance as not many people take the pill exactly correctly) so please don't think that just because you take it it means you can't get pregnant, because you can. Obviously not saying that you think this, just that I see a large number of young people assuming that contraception is 100% and then being shocked when a pregnancy occurs. If you're very scared and worried about getting pregnant, perhaps you should wait to be sexually active to prevent unnecessary stress.
Helianthuss
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You need to take the pill for 7 days in order for it to be properly effective. You also need to have been taking it correctly for 7 days. The chances of pregnancy would likely be reduced but still very much there. Please read the leaflet that came with the pill because this will tell you the information you need to know, such as needing to take it for 7 days if you started it on a day other than the first day of your period. You'll just have to wait and see, and remember that your next period will likely be different because of the pill. Take a test 2 weeks after you have sex as this should be enough time for the test to be accurate.

Remember, even with the pill, there is still a 1% chance of pregnancy (realistically more like 5-6% chance as not many people take the pill exactly correctly) so please don't think that just because you take it it means you can't get pregnant, because you can. Obviously not saying that you think this, just that I see a large number of young people assuming that contraception is 100% and then being shocked when a pregnancy occurs. If you're very scared and worried about getting pregnant, perhaps you should wait to be sexually active to prevent unnecessary stress.
I was fully aware that there was the chance that I could get pregnant regardless of the fact that I'm on the pill, and I am aware that you need to be taking it for 7 days before you're protected, which is why I'm asking what are the chances that I could be as I was on day 6. I tracked my period and I actually ovulated around 5 days before I started the pill. My period would have been due today, and my last one was the 24th (previously thought it was the 28th. When I had sex, I was on day 6 of the pill, and my period app said that I was not in the fertile stage of my cycle. Please do not tell me to "wait to be sexually active" as if I'm too immature to be having sex. There are a lot of people who are terrified of pregnancy, and rightly so, but this fear should not mean that they should not be having sex.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I was fully aware that there was the chance that I could get pregnant regardless of the fact that I'm on the pill, and I am aware that you need to be taking it for 7 days before you're protected, which is why I'm asking what are the chances that I could be as I was on day 6. I tracked my period and I actually ovulated around 5 days before I started the pill. My period would have been due today, and my last one was the 24th (previously thought it was the 28th. When I had sex, I was on day 6 of the pill, and my period app said that I was not in the fertile stage of my cycle. Please do not tell me to "wait to be sexually active" as if I'm too immature to be having sex. There are a lot of people who are terrified of pregnancy, and rightly so, but this fear should not mean that they should not be having sex.
I wasn't entirely sure of your knowledge so I thought best to mention it in case it was helpful. I assumed that because you were asking about it that you weren't aware of this. I apologise for making that assumption.

I wasn't telling you what to do. I stated that "IF you're very scared and worried...". I said "if" because it wasn't clear how you felt, so I wanted to suggest that just in case. I was offering helpful advice, of course you don't have to take it. I see a lot of threads from scared young women about this kind of thing, so I suggested what I thought was helpful. There may also be other young women in the same situation as you reading this who do not want to make their own thread, so whilst you may view my advice negatively, others won't.

Additionally, I stand by my opinion that if people are so terrified of getting pregnant it means they worry every time they have sex, then that's not good for their mental health. I don't advise anyone to continue doing an action which causes them such concern and worry. Obviously this doesn't apply to you, so please don't think I'm telling you what to do. I'm just explaining why I gave the advice I did, so you can understand where I'm coming from. I hope this clears up any confusion in my comment.

Helianthuss
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I wasn't entirely sure of your knowledge so I thought best to mention it in case it was helpful. I assumed that because you were asking about it that you weren't aware of this. I apologise for making that assumption.

I wasn't telling you what to do. I stated that "IF you're very scared and worried...". I said "if" because it wasn't clear how you felt, so I wanted to suggest that just in case. I was offering helpful advice, of course you don't have to take it. I see a lot of threads from scared young women about this kind of thing, so I suggested what I thought was helpful. There may also be other young women in the same situation as you reading this who do not want to make their own thread, so whilst you may view my advice negatively, others won't.

Additionally, I stand by my opinion that if people are so terrified of getting pregnant it means they worry every time they have sex, then that's not good for their mental health. I don't advise anyone to continue doing an action which causes them such concern and worry. Obviously this doesn't apply to you, so please don't think I'm telling you what to do. I'm just explaining why I gave the advice I did, so you can understand where I'm coming from. I hope this clears up any confusion in my comment.

I understand now, thank you for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (89)
38.36%
Take autumn exams (76)
32.76%
Look for a job (6)
2.59%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.45%
Take a year out (39)
16.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
6.03%

Watched Threads